What is an accident?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoever said that getting stung by bees is avoidable? NONSENSE!

I had an entire crew stung by yellow jackets yesterday, among which was my climber. No, he wasn't in a tree.

No, it wasn't avoidable. If you think you can spot where the little critters are living, or avoid their defenses, you are sadly mistaken.

Agreed. You can do a lot to try and avoid.. but sometimes you get into difficult situations with bees, hornets or wasps.

Absolutely, if he sprayed me with that, there would be another "man thru a chipper" story on the news, and it would not be an accident.

Most are all preventable, accidents that is, most happen buy taking shortcuts, guys always trying to come up with some idiotic way to make things easier, instead of sticking to practices that have been proven, both in safety and proficiency, some try to improve proficiency by ignoring safety, when it comes to those decisions, proficiency should always come after safety.

Technically.. if all equipment were maintained, all employees or workers followed the book, etc.. there would be few "accidents". There would be a few, but likely very few. And the ones that occurred may be serious (not sure the actual statistics that would evolve).. but I tend to think most of the minor ones would go away if we all followed the book 100% of the time. The ones that might occur are likely situations that happen infrequently, where procedures not yet developed, etc.. (that is where common sense must prevail)

For instance the company I used to work for had a foreman that had a fetish of putting human feces in a backpack sprayer and spraying people.

Surprising he is still alive. Lucky I wasn't there in my younger days.. likely have dulled my 200T as it separated his vertebrae into little pieces. I had no tolerance for stupidity.. still not a lot but a bit calmer head.

I also think of my wife in those situations and if she was standing next to me she would surely say kick that ###### ####### ### now or I lose all respect for you , maybe in so many words ...

I would not stop if I would have tripped and me in the pen leaving her in a financial mess would not have been wise. So he won that deal probably went back to his office talking all kinds of #### too. I am really better off , maybe not financially but definitely mentally I don't have to deal with them now.I should of called seven on my side and exposed the morons.

I would not stop if I would have tripped and me in the pen leaving her in a financial mess would not have been wise. So he won that deal probably went back to his office talking all kinds of #### too. I am really better off , maybe not financially but definitely mentally I don't have to deal with them now.I should of called seven on my side and exposed the morons.

Oh your a better man than me , sanity and forward thinking has never been my strong suit .....

My wife told me you better not go ballistic and the ball crushing think of me speech! I would have come closer after that to shaking his damn hand:dizzy:

Bottom line is I am a little crazy , probably in need of some sort of medication but I have been MUCH better since my children were born I wasn't really hugged enough as a child so theres a little anger management issue there , LOL I THINK

Bottom line is I am a little crazy , probably in need of some sort of medication but I have been MUCH better since my children were born I wasn't really hugged enough as a child so theres a little anger management issue there , LOL I THINK

He did not like that I applied for his position and since his uncle that used to have it, retired he was given his silver spoon. I was on storm damage and had to show him how to use a throw ball after he gave up the softball method lmfao. He is in charge now of 40 crews:dizzy:

Sorry I missed the safety meeting...

What is an accident??? That's easy, it's what you clean out of your drawers after a near miss and don't blow your 20 year track record of never having to file a claim... :D

Latest posts

Back