what is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old dude

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
guys--
recently got my edition of TCIA magazine and along with it the TCIA products and services guide. The picture on the cover of the p&s guide got my attention. Just what is the pictured climber using to fetch the throwsack back to him from the outer edge of the trees canopy? I could be mistaken but it looks alot like a 'Sidekick' rope retrieval device such as I use almost every day and find most useful in a variety of circumstances. I'm glad to see this device begining to gain the recognition it deserves. It could also be the the 're-treever' from Sherrils with the flexible tip that some climbers seem to find problematic. Of coarse it could be something else altogether in which case I would like to know what. Any ideas?

You re prob right as it appears too thin to be a wood or fglass pole and looks w the perspective of him and pole to be about l0 ft long. My lst impression was that he was chasing a stuck beanbag.

shame?

Is this a little shameless advertising old dude?:D

Shame has nothing to do with it. An idea whose time has come is a powerfull thing. At one time only three strand manilla ropes were available to climbers. Try finding a pro that uses them today. Same with slings and bings, porta- wraps micro-pulleys ect--ect--
The industry continues to mature.

Latest posts

Back