What is the difference between husky 562xp and 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudfly

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have looked at both these saws and the Jonsered equivalents.

What is the difference? Is it different porting in the cylinder or different carb jetting?

Could someone make the 555 into a 562xp? What would be needed?

Just trying to understand the $100 to $150 price difference. To the end user the difference is about .5 hp.

Thanks

mitch (mweba) did a thread on it. here is the video after conversion.

the search feature is your friend.

1/2 HP is worth $100-150 to me. But I like the small bar mount, all orange, & low top of the 555 much better.
I Seriously doubt there's a 1/2 horse difference between the two when both mufflers are opened up I've never personally ran a 555 so just a guess

The noise and vibration values are different.
besides the bar mount the 555 seems to come with a laminated bar and the 562 a solid replaceable nose one. It has been discussed over and over, I think the cylinders are basically the same but the transfer covers are not. If you really care I think Bad's porting thread of the 555 is worth reading.

One thing l have noticed which may not have merrit due to the popularity of the 562xp is that the carb off idle bog that the 562 is plagued with does not seem to be as problematic in the 555's. l have a 555 and throttle response is good with no lag or hesitation and due too same displacement l would think husky wouod outfit both saws with the same carb. Any in the know have any thoughts on this?

Ok I went and read about 20 older posts using the search function and still have no idea what the difference is.

As mentioned above "crank stuffers", I'm not familiar with that term can someone explain that.

Someone said rev boost, ok what is it that creates the rev boost? Is that carb related or something in the cylinder?

Is it just a coil?

I wasn't familiar with the term crank stuffers. It is basically a full circle crank not a pork chop shaped one that fills less than half the volume of the crank cavity. If you would look at the ipl (illustrated parts list) that you can find by wandering around from here http://www.husqvarna.com/us/forest/products/xp-saws/husqvarna-chainsaws-xp-saws/ (go to powerful robust saws to find the 555) I think this model has essentially the pork chop crank with sheet metal caps. Not really holes stuffed.

The rev boost makes it rev faster how much the stuffers (void minimizing devices) are involved and how much the electronics are and what really happens if you hook up a tachometer isn't really clear to me.

The noise and vibration values are different.
besides the bar mount the 555 seems to come with a laminated bar and the 562 a solid replaceable nose one. It has been discussed over and over, I think the cylinders are basically the same but the transfer covers are not. If you really care I think Bad's porting thread of the 555 is worth reading.
Solid replaceable tip bars can be had on the 555 as well. The 555 just takes the small mount bars, like the 346xp, 357xp, 359 etc...

My point about the bar is some of the price difference you see can be attributed to the more expensive bar on the 562. Sure there are similar bars in small mount but that doesn't seem to be the way the saws are generally marketed. At least that is what I have observed.

Who is seeing $150 price difference anyway? 640 vs 740 is what I see on what I deem the official site for my country. It was $100 difference in the show special pricing at the Paul Bunyan show last fall.

Back