What is the most aesthetically pleasing saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boda65

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Seeing this thread awhile back
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=105611&highlight=remington
I started thinking, what is the most aesthetically pleasing saw.
Remingtonsaw.jpg

Remingtonsaw2.jpg

I don't care about weight, performance, or manufacturer. Just the saws that look cool. I had never seen this remington before. It just has that Buck Rogers kind of look to it. I also love the old Stihl 090's with dual bucking spikes. Stylish and mean lookin.
Stihl090pic.jpg

Old homelites, like the Zip. Big, heavy, manly saws. Classic '50s styling.
homelitezip.jpg

There are many others, but I want to know what you think. Include pictures if possible.

I really like the lines of my early 90's 044, and I have long thought that the 036 was the cleanest looking saw.

attachment.php

The strength and style in the classic lines of the SP125 call back to a time when American saws ruled the woods.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Poulan 4000 and MAC PM-800 are some of my favorites. In the older stuff, probably Pioneer RA for me.

I prefer the rugged looking saws. Like this here Mall 7, no fancy curves or excessive covers to hide its 'uglyness'. They just look mean.

EDIT: This is not my saw. I got the pics from www.bigdmc.com (Darrin's Chainsaws)

mall-7-4.JPG

mall-7-2.JPG

Last edited:

or,,,pleasing to look at

for me the lightning contra from stihl was a leader in design. this pic shows the transition from the blk series to the new contra .

the contra was also far ahead of all others in performance at that time. ( 1959 )..

not like all the boxy looking saws but more streamlined,, aerodynamic looking.

this series saw also had a long run from 1959 to mid 80's. ( US sales ).. ( 1106, 1109 )
contra 59-67. 090 68- to current production in other countries

rs.jpg

gs6.jpg

scan0002.jpg

titantwinrun011.jpg

gsX60013.jpg

or,,,pleasing to look at

for me the lightning contra from stihl was a leader in design. this pic shows the transition from the blk series to the new contra .

the contra was also far ahead of all others in performance at that time. ( 1959 )..

not like all the boxy looking saws but more streamlined,, aerodynamic looking.

this series saw also had a long run from 1959 to mid 80's. ( US sales ).. ( 1106, 1109 )
contra 59-67. 090 68- to current production in other countries

rs.jpg

gs6.jpg

scan0002.jpg

That is a beautiful saw! Classic design. Love the old ads as well.

Back