What is the purpose of the AS chainsaw forum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of when I cut my thumb off Tom! Mitre saw, took it clean off! I screamed like a little girl! Sprayed blood all over my Carmen Electra poster, looked like she had a bad period the next day:monkey:
Wraped it up in a dish towel, put my thumb in a baggie with ice (don't do that BTW!! Put it in a baggie, then put it in another baggie with ice, who knew?) Got to the ER and the dude checking people in says "You cut?" "Yup!" Then my buddie puts the baggie on the counter, dude asks "Whats that?" I reply "Thats my ####ing thumb!"
He moved real quick after that!!!!
Bad night!

Go ahead. Try it on a MS180. You'll be the next posting pics of a piston with a hole in it. Don't say we didn't tell you so:greenchainsaw:
Hello Brad, I'm not doubting you, it's just that hasn't happened to me. Is the 180 a real saw? Lol. That's what nice about my 12 volt saw, I don't have to worry about that kinda stuff.
YSM

Today I hopped in the Impala and took a ride in the mountains. I got out the car on the highest peak and raised my arms to sky and said why me Lord, why have you chosen me to bend thy rod. I listened closely, a breeze came up, then it clouded up and thundered. Lightening appeared in the sky. I was getting scared, about to run to the car when I heard a voice from the sky. A deep voice, speaking with authority. I knew it was him. He said Tom I have chosen you because your old, older than dirt, only you should bend thy rod. He said go forth and get to Best Buy Wednesday after supper and buy another memory stick. I sayth to him, but I can do that today. He replied yes but your a big prick, make them wait. Lightening struck at my feet. I said yes sir and hauled buggy off that mountain top fast as I could.

Hmmm, did the Voice say something about the free Stihl cap little belgian earned for the bent thy rod theory...., or did you forget to ask (as usual, grrrrr)... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

There certainly has been a decline. Not sure that more vigorous moderation would solve it, because there has been a brain drain more than anything. Fewer and fewer guys who really know their stuff, more homeowner types. Where'd the arborists go? The loggers? Heck, we don't hardly even have line clearance cutter people hanging around anymore!

If I wanted to know what homeowner-types had to say about saws, I'd log off the site and just talk into a mirror.

EDIT: There are certain members whose presence on this site is now and historically has been a zero value-added experience for the rest of us, and their rubbish should be moderated away. AOD springs to mind, though he's certainly not the only one.

:):):):):)

1 Andreas lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain, and they called him Bradley. She said, "With the help of the LORD I will next bring forth a mighty man." 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel, and they called him Tommie.
Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the LORD. 4 But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock, doing all things by the book, in a better and proper way. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor because he shot from the hip and didn’t follow the proper way. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the shed. "And while they were in the shed, Cain gazed upon Abel’s remarkable saw collection and attacked his brother’s MS180 and killed it.
9 Then the LORD said to Cain, "What happened to your brother Abel’s MS180?"
"I don't know," he replied. "Am I my brother's mechanic?"
10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's MS180 cries out to me from the shed. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the shed, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's saw from your hand. 12 When you work the forest, it will no longer yield its timber for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."
13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the shed, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."
15 But the LORD went to Abel and said to him, "Show thy brother the proper way to work the MS180”. And Abel said, “As you wish LORD, for I will do it your way, the only proper way” 16 So Abel showeth the proper way and Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Franklin, south of Dayton.
17 Now the friends of Cain doubted the impeccable results that Abel showed to the world via the internet, and they said to Abel, “Can you bend thy rod? 18 Abel searched the internet posts and discovered the fallacy of his brother, Cain. And he bore witness to same, and the doubters and followers of Cain demanded that Abel produce the bent rod from his own hand.
19 Now Abel went to the mountaintop and the LORD layed upon his soul a mighty burden as Abel looked up into the sky and said, “Why me O LORD, why me?” And Abel said to the LORD, “But I have no memory card LORD” And the LORD said, “Go forth and purchase said item”. And Abel said to the LORD, “But the store is out of memory cards LORD” And the LORD said, “Be strong, persist, go forth in further search”. And Abel said to the LORD, “But this memory card is very expensive LORD” And the LORD took out his wallet and slapped Able across the head with it and said, “Go forth and purchase the memory card now or I will smote thee”.

....... to be continued ........

20 Upon reaching his shed, Abel did as the LORD commanded and set forth to be vile and do wickedness as his brother Cain has done. 21 As the rod was being bent as the LORD commanded, Abel exposed his severed thumb for all the world to see. And the LORD said to Abel, "Be witness to the world that your thumb was removed from thine extremity for trangressions". 22 Now, Cain having been exposed, was not remorseful and his heart was filled with anger. 23 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 24 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." 25 "Follow in the ways of thine brother Abel and you will dwell in the shed of the LORD forever"

........ to be continued .......

Hmmm, did the Voice say something about the free Stihl cap little belgian earned for the bent thy rod theory...., or did you forget to ask (as usual, grrrrr)... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had to go spend $99.00 to prove you was right,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Free hat, ha. With this new memory stick I got I can film for hours instead of minutes now baby. Would you rather I cut off the camera or would you rather have a free hat instead? Wait a minute, don't answer that,:mad::mad::mad::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

20 Upon reaching his shed, Abel did as the LORD commanded and set forth to be vile and do wickedness as his brother Cain has done. 21 As the rod was being bent as the LORD commanded, Abel exposed his severed thumb for all the world to see. And the LORD said to Abel, "Be witness to the world that your thumb was removed from thine extremity for trangressions". 22 Now, Cain having been exposed, was not remorseful and his heart was filled with anger. 23 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 24 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." 25 "Follow in the ways of thine brother Abel and you will dwell in the shed of the LORD forever"

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl: good stuff there, hilarious.

Oh btw I had a dream last nite, oh yeah. I was out filming with my new super dooper memory stick when I heard a voice, a deep voice speaking with authority. I thought oh no, not again. I heard these words:

Tom are you enjoying your new found memory stick. I replied yes. The voice said go forth and get one free Stihl hat for your brother in world Belgian. I said but but but but but and the voice said ENOUGH, do as I say and lightening stuck at my feet. I said okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. The voice said good, brother Belgian shall be along shortly to give you $99.00 for the hat,:laugh::laugh::laugh::

Last edited:
Same as it everwas....

But it goes in waves. There will always be dominant personalities on any forum, and the balance shifts over time. There will also be smartasses that come, stay a while, then move on, especially if they aren't getting the reactions they wish.

I've been on here long enough to have been through at least 3-4 major shifts/changes. Happens on every forum over time. However, the brand bashing used to be more "good hearted ribbing", and the "you suck" threads limited to guys who scored a nice saw for little or nothing. It will change back eventually. The best advice was given early on here, don't feed the trolls. Sawtroll is an exception, but he usually behaves well.

Mark

1 Andreas lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain, and they called him Bradley. She said, "With the help of the LORD I will next bring forth a mighty man." 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel, and they called him Tommie.
Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the LORD. 4 But Abel brought fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock, doing all things by the book, in a better and proper way. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor because he shot from the hip and didn’t follow the proper way. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.
6 Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."
8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the shed. "And while they were in the shed, Cain gazed upon Abel’s remarkable saw collection and attacked his brother’s MS180 and killed it.
10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's MS180 cries out to me from the shed. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the shed, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's saw from your hand. 12 When you work the forest, it will no longer yield its timber for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."
13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the shed, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."
15 But the LORD went to Abel and said to him, "Show thy brother the proper way to work the MS180”. And Abel said, “As you wish LORD, for I will do it your way, the only proper way” 16 So Abel showeth the proper way and Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Franklin, south of Dayton.
17 Now the friends of Cain doubted the impeccable results that Abel showed to the world via the internet, and they said to Abel, “Can you bend thy rod? 18 Abel searched the internet posts and discovered the fallacy of his brother, Cain. And he bore witness to same, and the doubters and followers of Cain demanded that Abel produce the bent rod from his own hand.
19 Now Abel went to the mountaintop and the LORD layed upon his soul a mighty burden as Abel looked up into the sky and said, “Why me O LORD, why me?” And Abel said to the LORD, “But I have no memory card LORD” And the LORD said, “Go forth and purchase said item”. And Abel said to the LORD, “But the store is out of memory cards LORD” And the LORD said, “Be strong, persist, go forth in further search”. And Abel said to the LORD, “But this memory card is very expensive LORD” And the LORD took out his wallet and slapped Able across the head with it and said, “Go forth and purchase the memory card now or I will smote thee”.

26 The LORD reached across the Great Sea that divides the Americas from the Europes and called upon his prophet Roland to explain the wicked ways of Cain. 27 Roland being a faithful prophet, instructed the multitudes in the Laws of the LORD and how Cain had laid aside. 28 Now Roland said "Tis not an axial force that hastened thy rod's demise". 29 But, the multitudes did not accept the prophet of the LORD's words, and they hardened their hearts. 30 The LORD then spoke to Roland in strong words, "Earn my favor so that you too may wear the head covering of a champion." 31 And hearing these words, Roland leaped to his feet and assembled the multitude to a nearby motorcar, Roland kneeled and spoke with all authority. 32 "Looketh in a new way. Lean upon this motorcar, straightaway, from the rear flanks. Lean with all thine might in the readward position that faces the sun and efforts will go astray when applied crossways to the sun. Other efforts applied to the motorcar will motivate in the direction of the sun. Remember the motorcar bendeth not crossways to the sun. Now, where shall our efforts be spent?" 33 The multitudes stood in amazement, some with understanding and others continued with hardened hearts. 34 Abel thanked the LORD for the clear word from the prophet Roland and the LORD laid upon his heart a heavy burden. The LORD instruced Abel to send the prophet the head covering of a champion. 35 And Abel responded to the instruction of the LORD, "But large seas divide us and the burden requires much of me." 36 And the LORD said, "Roland acted for me to instruct the multitudes and helped to reveal the wicked ways of Cain. Go forth, for you must repay good with good."

..... to be continued ........

26 The LORD reached across the Great Sea that divides the Americas from the Europes and called upon his prophet Roland to explain the wicked ways of Cain. 27 Roland being a faithful prophet, instructed the multitudes in the Laws of the LORD and how Cain had laid aside. 28 Now Roland said "Tis not an axial force that hastened thy rod's demise". 29 But, the multitudes did not accept the prophet of the LORD's words, and they hardened their hearts. 30 The LORD then spoke to Roland in strong words, "Earn my favor so that you too may wear the head covering of a champion." 31 And hearing these words, Roland leaped to his feet and assembled the multitude to a nearby motorcar, Roland kneeled and spoke with all authority. 32 "Looketh in a new way. Lean upon this motorcar, straightaway, from the rear flanks. Lean with all thine might in the readward position that faces the sun and efforts will go astray when applied crossways to the sun. Other efforts applied to the motorcar will motivate in the direction of the sun. Remember the motorcar bendeth not crossways to the sun. Now, where shall our efforts be spent?" 33 The multitudes stood in amazement, some with understanding and others continued with hardened hearts. 34 Abel thanked the LORD for the clear word from the prophet Roland and the LORD laid upon his heart a heavy burden. The LORD instruced Abel to send the prophet the head covering of a champion. 35 And Abel responded to the instruction of the LORD, "But large seas divide us and the burden requires much of me." 36 And the LORD said, "Roland acted for me to instruct the multitudes and helped to reveal the wicked ways of Cain. Go forth, for you must repay good with good."

and Able thought to himself out in the Lords shed, man, maybe I should have let Cain alone, this has cost me many a buck, when will my wallet ever be untouched and remained closed,LOL

Last edited:
Poor little ole rod

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVQ1o8k9IFY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVQ1o8k9IFY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I am honored sir!

Wiggling your rod on youtube, and speaking of me.....

I now am part of something big now. My own 10 minutes of fame.

I am honored sir!

Wiggling your rod on youtube, and speaking of me.....

I now am part of something big now. My own 10 minutes of fame.

We're gonna make millions Fish, soon as you get over here,LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVQ1o8k9IFY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XVQ1o8k9IFY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

why is your neck so red?

rofl

37 And peace settled into the land as the followers of the wicked ways and the naysayers were silenced so as to end discord. 38 Abel then prophesied and said, "Give a man a Fish, and you will feed him at the cost of anger, and the Fish will return and hold thy rod". The LORD heard this and to this day, the day of our children and their children, the LORD has called not upon Abel to prophesy. 39 Now trouble brewed from the land of the Washingtonites as their top dog, called Booker, hurled insults to Abel and taunted him. 40 And BookerDog recalled the sins at the Camp of Steel where the abominations caused Abel to lose his extremity end. 41 And the LORD said to Abel, "You have stood the challenge from thy brother Cain, and you did right in the sight of the LORD. Go now as the champion and stand thy ground against the one who calls himself the new champion" 42 "Take haste as this new champion is crafty, with finely tuned instruments of cutting." Take with you a sharp chain and a sharp wit against the crafty one." 43 And Abel said, "LORD, do you take me for a fool? I am wise to his way and I have victory over mine enemies". 44 And the LORD said, "Abel, you are wise, but this foe is mighty and can not be defeated by your hand alone. Call upon my name and listen to my prophet Roland and you will taste victory and prosper."

..... to be continued ......

Latest posts

Back