What is wrong with people? WTF TRUCK!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWEET truck

That is a nice little truck.

You put a pumped up v8 in that and do some suspension work and they make great Drag trucks.

I will take that off of your hands for 2500 cents. send me a PM if interested.:rock::rock:

With most insurance co's., the price diff. between liability/full coverage isn't that much. That truck could be insured by J.C.Taylor, Hagerty, or some other antique ins. co. for a lot less $$

With most insurance co's., the price diff. between liability/full coverage isn't that much. That truck could be insured by J.C.Taylor, Hagerty, or some other antique ins. co. for a lot less $$

Hello mtfallsmikey,
My insurance on Courier is 16.00 per month. Full coverage.
If I had one of those companys I could not use it as a TRUCK and would have to keep it garaged all the time.

If you didn't have a FOR SALE sign on the front windshield....you probably wouldn't get as many people coming to your door offering you you a price for it. :laugh:

I love the $2500.

Very very smart to protect your home and family with the insurance. I've been down that dark road because of another idiot driver. Understandable to worry about getting sued but most people don't understand that your own policy has a limit too should you get hurt, regardless of who is at fault.

I used to get people walking up from the river I live on to inquire about my old Wrangler. I didn't drive it that much and eventually I blocked off access to my property. Everyone wanted to give me $100.

Eventually I did sell it for a lot more than that. It was the 87 with the forever carb issues. If it had been an 88 with the fuel injection, I would still own it...

I had a 1968 AMC Rambler American and currently have a 1974 Jeep CJ5, I feel your pain about guys always stopping with a dumb offer. Some good ones:

Guy stops and asks about rambler. I go out to talk to him, told him I'll sell it for $1500. He offers me $100 for the hood. I told him that I'll sell him the hood for 1500, he takes the rest of the car with it. Who sells the hood of their car???

Guy stops and wants my jeep. He's looking it over and decides he doesn't want it because of the Fiberglass body, before we even discuss price. I ask him why, curious what his logic is. He says 'it's not worth anything at the scrapyard'. I tell him I want $2500 for it, he tells me that the scrapyard will only give me $150 for it. I reached in and started it, he was amazed that it ran. It was sitting in my driveway with plates, new tires, winch, new roll cage, and freshly washed. One tire was low, top was off. Air up a tire and it was ready to drive

Guy stops and asks about the Jeep. At the time the leaky tire was flat, and I had taken the windshield off for a recent trail ride. It's fun driving it with no windshield sometimes, and I don't have to work about breaking it in the woods. I tell him $2500, he says 'my son has been saving up his allowance, he has $350'. I told him it's worth $2500, he said 'yeah for something you can drive on the road, not a woods beater like this one' I told him that he can do what he wants with it, but I drive it all the time on the road. He left

Guy says he wants my jeep, but doesn't have a way to get it home. I tell him I'll take it home for him, he asks if I had a trailer. I say yes, but I'll just drive it. He is amazed that it's drivable, but decides he doesn't want it.

Dad wakes me up one day, he wants to move the Ramber. I go outside, there's a chain wrapped around the bumper and the tractor is hooked to it. I unhook the chain and start the car, ask him where he wants it. He picks his jaw off of the ground and says he wants to pull it into the weeds behind the barn. I shut it back off, parked his truck in the weeds while he was at work the next day. That went well.

I gave up on selling the Jeep, took the sign off. One of dad's friends said something to him like 'I saw you son took the sign off the jeep, is he going to fix it?' Dad said no, I'm just going to keep driving it. The guy asked what was wrong with it, dad said nothing, it runs good. The guy found out what I was asking and came over with the money, saying he didn't know it ran. I told him it wasn't for sale anymore.

When I was in the Army I had my explorer tagged as an 'abandoned vehicle' and they were going to tow it. I drove the explorer to the police station, they guy who tagged it said something like 'that thing doesn't run, hasn't moved in months, etc.' I pointed outside at it, and told him that I drive it to work every day. After his ass chewing the desk Sargent made him scrape the sticker off my windshield.

I could keep going like this...

Back