What kind of tree is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rb_in_va

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just put a contract on a house. What kind of tree is this in the front yard? Also I attached a pic of what I believe is a dogwood in the backyard. Warning, these pics are somewhat large. I have higher res pics if anyone needs to see them. Thanks, Roger.

Here are some dial-up friendly versions of the same pics.

greg carr said:
How about a close up of the leaves and flowers. Could be a red bud but its hard to tell from the pics.

I'll get a close-up pic next time I drive by there.

BArk doesn't look quite like redbud to me and form is not as twisted as I remember them. Should be in bloom about same time as dogwood, right? Do you have amur maple (Acer ginnala), wafer ash (Ptelia trifoliata) or yellow wood around there? Just some other ideas.

rb would it be okay for me to add these trees to my collection at 165.234.175.12 that I use for my classes oncampus and online? I particularly like the dogwood in flower. Don't see those in ND.

Thanks

underwor said:
rb would it be okay for me to add these trees to my collection at 165.234.175.12 that I use for my classes oncampus and online? I particularly like the dogwood in flower. Don't see those in ND.

Thanks

Absolutely! I will see if I can get a pic without the clothesline.

rb_in_va said:
Absolutely! I will see if I can get a pic without the clothesline.

underwor,
Forget that dogwood! I've been walking past this tree for 6 months! The tree is right in front of my building. Of course it just bloomed only recently. I have a larger res pic if you need it.

rb_in_va said:
Just put a contract on a house. What kind of tree is this in the front yard?

I drove by the house yesterday and the tree appears to be a basswood. So you guys can quit losing sleep over it!:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back