What makes a top-handle saw more dangerous than others???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One big problem with top handled saws is that it is far too easy to walk around rough ground with the engine running, the brake off and a finger on the throttle trigger, something you can't do as naturally with a rear handle. There been a few problems with this and pruning the left hand in the UK and, as far as I am aware, they were banned not only for ground use but also one handed use, except in exceptional circumstances, such as cutting at full stretch in a tree or where two handed use isn't safe or practicable . That's the UK though, not the US. For me a 200t is such a perfect saw to use two handed or not but, as with all sharp tools, you just can't forget what your holding or it'll bite you

Sent from my GT-I9210T

Most big shows have banned one hand use, and the ISA and TCIA, but in some scenarios, it is just not practical. One of the things I disagree with. I one hand all the time when aloft. When I can 2 hand I do.

its a funny OH&S that says no use top handle on the deck there so dangerous but once your aloft on rope going dynamic sure tis be fine

I still dont care for em but understand them who do,,,,, cut hold snap, cut snap hold, cut snap hold, hold cut,,,,,uh oh

Latest posts

Back