What method/Devices do you use to Measure your mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beat ya, I asked my Stihl dealer to save me a bunch of 2.6oz oil bottles so I could premeasure out my 4oz of k2. If you fill right below the neck on the Stihl bottles you gots yourself a 32:1 ready.
Me too! I took a 4 oz. close as I could measure it, poured into the 2.6 oz. stihl bottle, right to the bottom of neck, shazam! I use Golden Spectro semi syn.

start with ratio rite measuring cup: 40:1
then measure water into a clear or see through plastic container.
transfer the "water line" with a magic marker to the plastic container.
dry container then fill with Lucas Semi-synth and have a few in the tool box/ truck box ect.
grab and go.

I also hand them out to "friends" who still mix with the 2.5 ounce single serve Stihl dealership overpriced stuff.
most change over when I tell them I get a gallon delivered for $30 to my door.

start with ratio rite measuring cup: 40:1
then measure water into a clear or see through plastic container.
transfer the "water line" with a magic marker to the plastic container.
dry container then fill with Lucas Semi-synth and have a few in the tool box/ truck box ect.
grab and go.

I also hand them out to "friends" who still mix with the 2.5 ounce single serve Stihl dealership overpriced stuff.
most change over when I tell them I get a gallon delivered for $30 to my door.
Crafty. Like ice is cold.

3 glugs per gallon seems to work
Sounds like what my dad used to do when it was 16:1 with SAE 30 non-detergent. He'd pour the oil right into his Mall GP after adding fuel, then shook the saw.
I only mix a gallon at a time but buy synthetic in bulk. I save the Stihl bottles as well as some small plastic bottles and fill them from a measuring cup filled to 3 0z. to allow for oil that remains on the sides. I figure I'm getting somewhere between 45:1 ad 49:1. That's good enough for who it's for.
I like the syringe idea since it leaves no oil on the inside - virtually all goes into the mix.

`I use about a gallon or so a week. I use Stihl Ultra oil I mix .855 gallon to a 2.6 oz bottle. It comes out a little over 32:1. When I run out I repeat the same procedure.

Usually a syringe.I have all sizes for mixing in the tank of my 25cc weedwacker all the way to a 5 gal can.

ae235

I got one of these my last trip to Germany as well as a small mixing cup from stihl they cost a few Euro are work well. I also have a small container that I had MEK in so I added the requisite amount of oil and mark it with a permanent sharpie.

I buy oil by the gallon. I fill an old quart oil jug with a clear window with oil. 4 oz/gal is 32:1. 3 oz/gal is 42:1. I mix either 1 gallon or 2 or 2.5 or whatever amount I want. Pretty sinple.
Never had a problem with old gas everyone talks about.
Syringes are for doctors, babies, and turkeys.

ae235

I got one of these my last trip to Germany as well as a small mixing cup from stihl they cost a few Euro are work well. I also have a small container that I had MEK in so I added the requisite amount of oil and mark it with a permanent sharpie.

That is similar to the mixing canister I got with my weed whacker , "smells fishy" to me thus I'll stay with my syringe method.
Besides , the mixing can I've got is 500ml (I think) , I would have to mix three of those to re-fuel my saws considering they each hold 750ml. :p

That is similar to the mixing canister I got with my weed whacker , "smells fishy" to me thus I'll stay with my syringe method.
Besides , the mixing can I've got is 500ml (I think) , I would have to mix three of those to re-fuel my saws considering they each hold 750ml. :p

It is more for those that just need to mix a litre at a time. I use the stihl kombi can for my fuel. My local dealer still looks at it and wishes he could get them!

44cfb8a8ad8d485c98ec2633f57fb318.jpg

Latest posts

Back