What model Dolmar is this one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris-in-NC

Reaction score
Hi, Could someone ID this older Dolmar? I need to order a bar bolt for it. I Found this number on it I wonder if its a serial number. The Bar says STA-375 3/8P. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• saw1.jpg
    saw1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 84
  • saw2.jpg
    saw2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 72
by looks it might be equivalent to makita DS520 --

if that's the case, they're great saws -- it's easy to open up muffler and pull the nickers off the carb pins to open up the fuel flow (prevent going lean when under load) -- mine start on first pull even after stitting in a barn for a few months (I have two) -- makita in atlanta has the parts -- ethanol gas is hard on the older rubber fuel line -- if you pull the cylinder to replace an abused piston, while the cylinder is off, I'd remove the brake handle and brake inside the sproket cover. Stick with 3/8 chain, and put a short bar on it for light weight. I use a 16" bar and just the other day I took down a 30" cedar.

good luck -- nice find!

My guess is it's a 6000i, but could be a 6800i, maybe a 116, 116i, 120, or 120si. A pic of the choke control will narrow it down. I would Imagine all of these models would use the same bar stud.

Red elm how do you like your 6100?

I love it. It has been a loooong time and lotsa saws ago that I was this impressed w a new saw. I like its power and balance, but the best part is how SMOOTH it is. Im running a 20" Powermatch bar and Carlton full chisel chain. And like most of my Dolmars its balls deep with torque.

IDK Kenneth. In the latest pics it looks like your 6000i has the paint missing on the muffler corner, that could be serious. You better ship it to me so I can look it over. I'll pm you my address.

Just wanted to say thanks again for helping me ID my neighbor's chainsaw. I got the bar bolt replaced and then found out the two front Rubber Buffers were broke. I was able to order them from Randy's Engine Repair. We're back in business and man does this saw have some torque!

Attachments

• Randy.jpg
    Randy.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back