What not to do when cutting down trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like when my brother in law tried to cut down a big oak tree. Tried to push it the direction he wanted it to go with his truck. He now knows that trucks are not tree-proof. Luckily it the tree did not fall on the Dolmar 7900 that he was using.

GASoline71 said:
...around here is right in my backyard mang! :cheers:

Yeah mang! Me too. Literally, I look out my front door into the Park. So I guess it's my front yard.

That's a cool vid. I'd not seen that one before, and what a nice saw eh? And did anyone notice how deep his face cut was? Even then he wedged it. Has Talon seen this? He was asking the other day about face depth.

That James video has been around, but it never stops being funny. Especially when he destroys that car!

Last edited:
lmao That is a good video. But I didn't get James' phone number, did anybody else catch it. I have a few trees next to my house, and he looks like he does quality work. Maybe I'll call him.

Has Talon seen this? He was asking the other day about face depth.
Yup..........I just did :laugh: So dats how it is done eh? :rock: His first cut looked about 50% through the tree >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

fishhuntcutwood said:
And he used more than one wedge too!
Dammit.........guess will just have ta break down and go out today and buy a second wedge :ices_rofl: Anything to save me from another Brutus injury.......LOL! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Latest posts

Back