What saw would you grab right now.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jred 2156 first choice for 20” and down
2171 second choice
2152 or dolmar 5100s third choice

plenty of others to choose if those are dull or out of fuel. Honestly my CS590 wouldn’t be bad either, dead reliable, just not quite as much fun and a little heavier.

Why would anyone only have one saw????????????

Having said that, I do 85% of my cutting with my MS261. If I had to only have one, that would be the one I would choose. The bigger saws are able to handle some stuff the 261 can't, but it handles an awful lot awfully well. The other six or eight are for fun and for big stuff that would take too much time with the little saw.

Why would anyone only have one saw????????????

Having said that, I do 85% of my cutting with my MS261. If I had to only have one, that would be the one I would choose. The bigger saws are able to handle some stuff the 261 can't, but it handles an awful lot awfully well. The other six or eight are for fun and for big stuff that would take too much time with the little saw.
My husky 572xp 36 inch bar.

My MS500i. But that is the only saw I have, other than a pole saw. I just keep one saw around until I wear it out, then buy another. So far I have had a little Echo POS, a non-descript Remington, a Stihl 038 Super, a Stihl MS441C and the 500i. BTW, I paid $1180 for my 500i, brand new. I think the dealer looked up the wrong price!

I never do any cutting without my trusted 046 by my side. Brought it back from the grave and it has been doing me right ever since.
I love bringing ones back that were landfill bound and putting them back to work. Just something about that!!

Latest posts

Back