What saw would you grab right now.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my neighborhood there is a Bradford Pear in just about every yard. Some are huge. Had two in my yard that split right down the middle during the same storm. I was out there in the rain and lightning cutting them out of the road. I hate those **** trees. Limbs in the road every year.
Had a 14"/16" next to the garden, (I think that was what it was) shoots grew out of the roots. INVASIVE as blackberries or worse. Took a few dedicated years after taking the tree to the ground to be rid of it. Root would really mess with a tiller and digging it out seemed to excite it .

Had a 14"/16" next to the garden, (I think that was what it was) shoots grew out of the roots. INVASIVE as blackberries or worse. Took a few dedicated years after taking the tree to the ground to be rid of it. Root would really mess with a tiller and digging it out seemed to excite it .
Just like our Crepe Myrtles and Cypress trees here. I used to keep my neighbors Bradfords trimmed, but they have 5 of them in their yard around the house. Don't know whose bright idea it was to plant all those trees, but they look nice once a year. I ground down the stump and chased the roots when I cut what was left standing of mine.

In my neighborhood there is a Bradford Pear in just about every yard. Some are huge. Had two in my yard that split right down the middle during the same storm. I was out there in the rain and lightning cutting them out of the road. I hate those **** trees. Limbs in the road every year.
Gotta love how every residential housing developer on earth seems to spare no expense to bulldoze every single existing tree off a tract of land -- many of those trees being beautiful specimens that took decades to grow -- only to plant those Godawful invasive Bradford Pears or poplars all along every street.

They grow into 30' lollipop trees in the first or second year ... then, in their third summer, the first thunderstorm that blows through tears down every one of them into broken, twisted tornado hairballs. YAY!

My 660 because:
1. The muff mod sound totally pisses my neighbors off.
2. All my other saws are off getting ported.
Ahhh, the life of a CAD fiend
When my neighbors house was for sale we hammered husky bikes when buyers came to look at it. You think they got the noise factor. I had a 98 husky 250 wr street legal registered 2t dirtbike, I did wheelies past the harley bar at 12am. The bikers went nuts.

When my neighbors house was for sale we hammered husky bikes when buyers came to look at it. You think they got the noise factor. I had a 98 husky 250 wr street legal registered 2t dirtbike, I did wheelies past the harley bar at 12am. The bikers went nuts.
They loved it or hated it bill? The boys I know woulda been outside givin the big thumbs up

I just ordered a clone hus G365 on amazon in orange. On the bench is two Husqvarna 272xp, one 372 Xp. I’m going to refresh the herd.

My Husqvarna 385 Xp, 575, 371 xp are on standby. The 2100cd I think has a air leak I need to check it plus cut 1/8” from the piston skirt.

"rock solid and ready for the job at hand!"
This rusty old 6 1/2 ft. Atkins 51 has cut a LOT of wood.... and it's always ready to go! This 30" tree was in my yard.... and provided about a weeks worth of exercise for me..... but I'm almost as old as the saw!
View attachment 955780
16-1 or 32-1??? Lol
I love the saw. We have one and my boys love to get it out now and again. They will keep a fella muscled up for sure!!

This rusty old 6 1/2 ft. Atkins 51 has cut a LOT of wood.... and it's always ready to go! This 30" tree was in my yard.... and provided about a weeks worth of exercise for me..... but I'm almost as old as the saw!
View attachment 955780
Emission compliant model, Nice !

View attachment 955780
Starts every time!

View attachment 955780

Awesome! Put the second handle on it and I'll jump in and listen to it sing!

We have a section of trail in a Wilderness area and that's all we can use.

Back