What saw would you grab right now.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love bringing ones back that were landfill bound and putting them back to work. Just something about that!!
Agreed. I have brought numerous ones back to life that folks thought were not worth repair. It is a great feeling to bring them back to running condition.

That’s the saw my brother has. Nice rig!!

I have one of those that was my Dad's, he bought it new in the 70s. I'm gonna go through it and get it running one of these days.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I have one if you're interested? I could actually use some help on. Identifying Is the years on some of this latest haul!

A Jonsered 630.. Been driving it since the late 80's.. It screams. 13,000 rpm.. Sometimes want a smaller one, depending on what's getting cut. It has a 20". So it will handle most stuff.. Even has heated handles when I've got goose bumps on my vag.

Well folks, I saw this post again and I have to admit that although I love my MS260, I am now 59 years old and I no longer heat with firewood (for now anyway...new home) so I find myself usually grabbing my new (to me) Echo 271T to cut small stuff around the place or to cut trees off the road/drive after storms. That little saw came into my shop as an "almost dumpster dive" by my brother-in-law who saw his buddy (a professional tree trimmer) carrying it over to toss in the dumpster as junk. When asked why he was throwing it away he showed my BIL that it was "exploded" after having been dropped from a tree when his saw lanyard broke. BIL brought it to me and I discovered that, although it looked really bad, the only damage was that the top handle assembly was exploded and nothing more. I put a new top handle on it....good as new! What a little ripper! I didn't even need to adjust the carb. Runs, idles, oils, and doesn't leak oil everywhere. I can carry it behind the seat of my truck and the cab does not reek of gas and oil! I'm a Stihl guy for the most part...but that little Echo is impressive to say the least!

Probably an older 660 ported with muffler mod full wrap handle with a 20-in bar and a 32 for the larger stuff chain would be .063 3/8
But that's just wishful thinking without the money
Get a clone.
I have a neotec 892(066 clone) it came with a 24 inch bar for 400 bucks canadian.
I have a 16 inch bar for it too, I use it if im cutting small fire wood in a log pile where I dont have to bend down.
It runs like it's ported out of the box pulling an 8 pin rim without issue with the 24 inch bar.

Get a clone.
I have a neotec 892(066 clone) it came with a 24 inch bar for 400 bucks canadian.
I have a 16 inch bar for it too, I use it if im cutting small fire wood in a log pile where I dont have to bend down.
It runs like it's ported out of the box pulling an 8 pin rim without issue with the 24 inch bar.
I would still grab my Pro Mac 700 and my Jonsereds 670. Both are stone reliable with a 24” on the Jonny and a 28” on the Mac. Second choice would be my 800 Pro Mac and my Partner P70. Again reliable.

I would still grab my Pro Mac 700 and my Jonsereds 670. Both are stone reliable with a 24” on the Jonny and a 28” on the Mac. Second choice would be my 800 Pro Mac and my Partner P70. Again reliable.
I absolutely love cutting with my 700 wearing a 24". I tell folks it's like having a T Rex on a leash!!!! Hold on!!!!
Love the 850 with the 32" but it wears this ol dog out after while!

Latest posts

Back