What saw would you grab right now.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would still grab my Pro Mac 700 and my Jonsereds 670. Both are stone reliable with a 24” on the Jonny and a 28” on the Mac. Second choice would be my 800 Pro Mac and my Partner P70. Again reliable.
With a couple oem parts, 066 clones are very reliable, that's a non issue but the 670's probably a better size for the wood I cut.
I kinda wanted a 272 or 670 but they cost a fortune, it was cheaper to get the bigger clone.

Makmars suck. I'd rip through that tree with my 36v, XCU03PT1 and a daypack full of batteries. My 3120xp would be quicker but unfortunately it's bolted into the mill and I can't find the wrench with which to get it out.

I'd probably take an 026, 036, and my G660 just to have all 3 with me. I'd fill them up before I left the house so that I didn't have to worry about taking fuel and bar oil with me. If I could only take 1, it would be the 036, but I'd rather do some of the limbing with the 026 to cut down on weight, then do the bulk of the work with the 036, and then finish the trunk with the G660 just to get it some run time.

I'd probably take an 026, 036, and my G660 just to have all 3 with me. I'd fill them up before I left the house so that I didn't have to worry about taking fuel and bar oil with me. If I could only take 1, it would be the 036, but I'd rather do some of the limbing with the 026 to cut down on weight, then do the bulk of the work with the 036, and then finish the trunk with the G660 just to get it some run time.
Yes in retrospect, I should have asked favorite for limbing, firewood size and the big boys I guess.

my 660 with the cpi racing pipe on it, thing is just so fun to cut with like a hot knife through butter.

Back