What saws do my fellow wood cutters have??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20171105_105942.jpg I cut wood for heat, probably 6-10 "rick" per year for us and the in laws ( around 3 cords) I use a husky 350 with a muffler mod and a jonsered 2159c with a non cat muffler and mod. Included in this pic is a jonsered 670 super which I'm working on for a bigger saw to use and a husky 266se I'm selling.

Yes, you win
I win I win, wait does that mean I'm dead lol.
Back to the OP.
I enjoy running lots of different saws, but prefer the huskys, especially the 3 series.
I try to always have at least one 346, 359, variant of the 365/372 around at all times.
But it wouldn't be above me to have 2 or 3 of each, and I'd suggest everyone do the same if your serious about cutting firewood :laugh:.

This might be blasphemy around here but I have one saw. A husky 555. I want to convince myself that I need a 70cc saw and every time I go cut firewood I put the kool-aide down and realize how much fun I have running that saw.
Not to me, it's one if the best firewood one saw plans their is, not that I'm promoting that ;).
The 555 reminds me if a 254xp which reminds me of a larger 346. The difference is that the 555 has more power and gets almost twice the fuel economy as a 254. I like to have one around, but everyone else likes them more than me lol.

Not to me, it's one if the best firewood one saw plans their is, not that I'm promoting that ;).
The 555 reminds me if a 254xp which reminds me of a larger 346. The difference is that the 555 has more power and gets almost twice the fuel economy as a 254. I like to have one around, but everyone else likes them more than me lol.

Agreed, if possible I would have a 550xp with a short bar and a 372 for all of my wood needs.....BUT kids are expensive habits :)

Agreed, if possible I would have a 550xp with a short bar and a 372 for all of my wood needs.....BUT kids are expensive habits :)
That's a nice combo for a work saw, but for in the woods I'd rather have a 346/372 oe as that's my time to relax and do more as I wish.
I like the mtronic/autotune saws for their fuel efficiency but not to save on gas, but time on fillips, it can shorten your day a good bit and many times is the difference of a job being a one day job instead of a two day job.
As far as the kids, are you talking about saws, if so yes they get expensive:lol:.

That's a nice combo for a work saw, but for in the woods I'd rather have a 346/372 oe as that's my time to relax and do more as I wish.
I like the mtronic/autotune saws for their fuel efficiency but not to save on gas, but time on fillips, it can shorten your day a good bit and many times is the difference of a job being a one day job instead of a two day job.
As far as the kids, are you talking about saws, if so yes they get expensive:lol:.

I wish! I am referring to the expensive little humans that I am tasked with keeping alive :)

I've got 5. MS362 with 3/8 20"bar.026 and 028WB with .325 20" bars,a McCulloch I can't recall (free to me) and my Grandfather's McCulloch 1-53 with an 18" bar which weighs a ton but when I last ran it would cut like a knife through butter.My 026 is getting rehabed after an accident then it and the 362 will be my main saws for firewood and farm work.I think I'd like a 461,someday.

Back