What saws do my fellow wood cutters have??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just added a 346xp OE to my stable of firewood cutters. To say the least I'm impressed. Its not the horse the ported 545 is but still fast cutter

I just got one of those dropped off by the mailman yesterday. Needs a new piston and some rubber bits, but hopefully not much else. I've only run an OE once or twice. I'm stoked to get it fired up and see how it handles.

Oh those kids, yes it's expensive keeping them alive, and happy LOL.
Better make sure they all get huskys or they won't be happy:cry:.
View attachment 626731

Hey, these two are happy!
052c5f0487e712a3ea953e5931f9faf4.jpg

I just got one of those dropped off by the mailman yesterday. Needs a new piston and some rubber bits, but hopefully not much else. I've only run an OE once or twice. I'm stoked to get it fired up and see how it handles.
Just like an ne, great, that is if your into huskys.
I just added a 346xp OE to my stable of firewood cutters. To say the least I'm impressed. Its not the horse the ported 545 is but still fast cutter
Nice score, you'll never have a hot start issue either :D.

I’ve been thinking about selling the 550 and getting a new 261c. I use the 441 the most though, it’s such a pleasure to run.

ya , I've been eyeing the new 260 c-m also. Weight wise, 10.8 lbs is now on par with the 550xp. My local saw shop hasn't got the 550xp or the 261 c-m on the shelf at this time to see what they feel like side by side. Any feedback from those who have run both? Is the new 261 less chunky in feel? Is either one more snappy than the other ..... I'm guessing it may just come down to personal preference but I'm interested to hear from those who have given both an honest workout.

ya , I've been eyeing the new 260 c-m also. Weight wise, 10.8 lbs is now on par with the 550xp. My local saw shop hasn't got the 550xp or the 261 c-m on the shelf at this time to see what they feel like side by side. Any feedback from those who have run both? Is the new 261 less chunky in feel? Is either one more snappy than the other ..... I'm guessing it may just come down to personal preference but I'm interested to hear from those who have given both an honest workout.
They are both great saws, but if you like the handling of the stihl you will want a 261, if you like a husky grab the 550.
The only advantage I see is for those who don't want to deal with the outboard clutch then grab the 261, and since both saws need dealer help for servicing(if you have a problem) get the one with the best local dealer support. Others may have some other advice, in my opinion those are the main things, grab whatever brand you prefer for handling and have fun as both are great saws.
I’ve been thinking about selling the 550 and getting a new 261c. I use the 441 the most though, it’s such a pleasure to run.
If you like the stihls which it appears you do you will like it.
I prefer the husky, but I cut teeth on the 346.
Is there something you dislike about the 550.

Latest posts

Back