What services do you offer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climber338

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys i was just wondering what i should put on my card and on my truck when i get started in the spring. I will also be doing alittle of lawn care to keep me busy becuase at the moment ill be working alone for the most part and cant take on those bigger jobs but i do want to focus on tree care. What im asking is what services do you offer and advertise for. Here are some of my thoughts. Any imput would be great. Thanks

tree removal
tree pruning
storm cleanup
lawn maintenance
multch beds

Maybe-insured.
Instead of just storm cleanup, how about emergency storm work (if you are into it)
My 2 cents.

well ill be at school full time during the winter so id like to not have to get somebody out of there house if im over 30 miles away. I can always do the storm clean up on the weekends but if a storm hits during the week i cant miss out on school. And ya ill have insured on the card for sure.

On the truck, i'd just keep it simple and big, Your name, number, fully insured and free estimates. If you have to much (or to small) on your truck people are never going to be able to read it at 60 mph. On your card you can go nuts, put everything you do on it. Even put a picture or a logo on it. To me, the truck should be simple and bold enough for people to call. Once they call you then you can tell them everything you do.

On the truck, i'd just keep it simple and big, Your name, number, fully insured and free estimates. If you have to much (or to small) on your truck people are never going to be able to read it at 60 mph. On your card you can go nuts, put everything you do on it. Even put a picture or a logo on it. To me, the truck should be simple and bold enough for people to call. Once they call you then you can tell them everything you do.

good point ill make sure i make it simple on the truck. If i dont offer a service that the client needs im sure my buddy who is a landscaper can do the job and vise versa. Ill make sure that i have insured on there as well. My cards that i have made in the past have been pretty simple but ill load them up with info.

Last year i had a great way to get rid of chips without going back to the yard.i put a big sign on the truck free wood chips.i thought neighbors would not be shy about asking if it was on the truck.big mistake.i had more calls for free wood chips than work.and most of the calls were not even in my work area. So don't put free wood chips.

craigslist is a great way to get rid of chips... just have people email you their addresses and keep a list.

Last year i had a great way to get rid of chips without going back to the yard.i put a big sign on the truck free wood chips.i thought neighbors would not be shy about asking if it was on the truck.big mistake.i had more calls for free wood chips than work.and most of the calls were not even in my work area. So don't put free wood chips.

Calls are calls man. If your delivering chips to someone, who probably likes their garden, it's easy enough to have a chat and occasionally pick up a bit of business or a referral. Works for me.

Last edited:
Hey guys i was just wondering what i should put on my card and on my truck when i get started in the spring. I will also be doing alittle of lawn care to keep me busy becuase at the moment ill be working alone for the most part and cant take on those bigger jobs but i do want to focus on tree care. What im asking is what services do you offer and advertise for. Here are some of my thoughts. Any imput would be great. Thanks

tree removal
tree pruning
storm cleanup
lawn maintenance
multch beds

Make sure your sign writer uses a spiel chekka :)

I'd say don't load up that card too much. Alot of older people get annoyed if the font is too small. Think about a cheap website to give more info to those who wish to get it. Or just chat them up. People hire people they trust. They trust people they have talked with. Yup check that spelling too. Your services will depend on your skills training and equipment. Good luck..... Mike

Free chips and firewood is really region specific. We get requests for maybe 1/100 of the amount we produce, even though it's advertised.

Given the OP is still in school and will be working by himself, he may want to emphasize small jobs. Ones that end up with a lower effective hourly rate because of travel, which would be a problem if he was paying labour, but it's his own labour.

FredGarvin.jpg

Latest posts

Back