What sharpening my chains and axes has done to me...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the new zero turn I got for my new place. 11 acres of yard so I take 2 days to do it. Put the iPod on and zone out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the new zero turn I got for my new place. 11 acres of yard so I take 2 days to do it. Put the iPod on and zone out.

11 acres!!! man, get you some beefers....or at least one feeder calf per year, fatten hgim up, to the packer!

I like mowing, I mow bunches, it's my job.

except my own yard..I wait until garden goddess starts complaining about it, then I mow it

It's not really the mowing, it is seven dogs worth of bones I have to scout out first and get them up...

11 acres??? I'd be renting 10 of that out to a farmer, making some $ off it!!

I never could figure out why anyeone would finish mow a field that size??

SR

It's all a fenced in yard. The farm isn't far away though.

What type mower are you using? What size deck?
2 days to mow 11acres seems too long. :eek: Maybe you have a LOT of obstacles or trees??
No iPod for me, but I do wear ear protection.;)

In comparison, (not that it matters a hill of beans:)) I mow our 4 acres in about 3 hours.
Includes a small orchard and a fair amount of lawn trees.

I use an Exmark 48" deck that has the mulching kit/blades. No bagging, no raking.:)

I don't really mind mowing, except for the allergies.
Now, string trimming,,,,THAT is another story.:(

My neighbor across the street mows his lawn EVERYDAY!! (with a push mower):eek::eek::eek::buttkick:

It's an exmark diesel 60". I cut 6-7 acres in about 5-6 hours then go fishing for a few hours. I don't want to get crazy and do it all in one day. Lol
Yeah there are quite a few trees to cut around too.

I too hate cutting grass! I have taken to stacking firewood on the areas I used to have to mow. I had to get a new push mower last year, the 14 year old mower I had bit the dust. When asked by people at work what I bought, I tell them a red one. It was on sale, really don't know what it is. I Hate Mowing Grass!

Latest posts

Back