What should be a sticky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weedkilla

Ain't no guru of nuthin'
Reaction score
Hi all, I haven't hopped into this forum before - mostly hung out in the chainsaw forum.
Thing is - I'm part of a family business that does weed control and I've been picking up tree work to fill in the days we can't spray. I've mostly been felling "weed" trees like pine, acacia longifolia and pittosporum in native vegetation or killing and removing roadside weed trees.
Small tipper and a 9" chipper, 3 of us did some felling training and the other couple of guys feed the chipper. Gradually we have gotten more tree work and I keep getting asked about residential stuff that requires climbing or an ewp.

Now I understand I'm not an Arborists boot strap, but I'm wondering if I should he down this path. There is a good training provider locally, but I figure if this forum is like what I've seen on the rest of AS then you guys will have some advice, and probably an idea of which threads give a good idea about the industry. Basically what should I start reading? What threads should be a sticky on this forum? What would be an arborist 101?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back