What should I plant?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaks

Reaction score
I have access to land and water. What should my partner and I plant?
Was thinking about Japanese Maples. We live in southern Ohio. What do you
guys think.

Japanese Maples good. Other Asian Maples also good. Ginkgo cultivars...muy bueno. Dwarf conifers too. :)

What purpose would you like the new trees to serve? shade, windbreak, asthetics?
what size limitations do you have?
Trees + water = weeping willow, birch, baldcypress among others.
Where in S. Ohio? I'm around Portsmouth.
-Ralph

Moved to Homeowner helper Forum

Jackson Co. Ohio. What trees create the most profit or are easy to unload to nursery because of their high demand?

oaks said:
Jackson Co. Ohio. What trees create the most profit or are easy to unload to nursery because of their high demand?

For a farely quick return I would have to say well grown Acer rubrum cultivars such as 'Autumn Flame', October Glory & Red Sunset.

Because it was at first one of the 'what should I plant' questions we see so often. Only later did it turn out to be a 'what can I plant for fun and profit' question.
I'll move it back for you.
-Ralph

begleytree said:
Because it was at first one of the 'what should I plant' questions we see so often. Only later did it turn out to be a 'what can I plant for fun and profit' question.
I'll move it back for you.
-Ralph
Okay Ralph, I see. Looking at the opening post it does kinda sound like a gay homeowner looking for landscape tips..."What should my partner and I plant?"...heh heh. Only later does it become apparent that the "partner" is a business partner. My how we often jump to premature conclusions. :)

LOL.
No, I honestly thought partner meant they wern't married. A little more clarification in the opening post may have gotten the info the poster was after, sooner.
-Ralph

sorry for the mix up. My business partner and I are looking for ideas on what to plant, and thought this would be a great place to get information. My wife and I ( and 2 kids) are not open for suggestions. Not that their is anything wrong with a " partner"
you just got the wrong idea. Any other suggestions on what we may plant to earn
a little income.

Have you got equipment (for nusery work :) )? Any previous experience? Have you ever dug b&b..WB?

I've landscaped for my father and now do it on the side along with lawn care. I've never planted this many trees or for this purpose (nursery / profit).

Slow growing ornamentals like Japanese Maples and grafted Ginkgo cultivars well grown and 8' to 10' should bring a good premium. Check out those American Holly they come at a premium also. There are some growers in KY that want an arm and a leg for their Hollies. These are true opaca cultivars, not 'Green Leaf' which is a hybrid.

Latest posts

Back