What software/apps do you use to manage your business, inventory, equipment, etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbor1

Administrator
Staff member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what everyone is using to manage their life/things as it relates to business, chainsaws, etc. Things like trackers for equipment maintenance schedules, job trackers, etc.

I second Jobber...but it doesn't do great with equipment stuff.

If you want to try it any user can give you a referral code for a free month or two (in interest of transparency gets a free month too...let me know if you want that - or @mikewhite85 since he was the first to chime in).

When I was shopping, I did a demo with Arborstar. I think they had some equipment tracking features, but was a better fit for a larger company than what I run with 1-2 crews.

I use some ancient software, circa 1987. MS Dos program called Telemagic. It is fantastic.

It keeps notes on every transaction, phone call, address. It will schedule all my work, and print reports on anything due or scheduled. It keeps inventory of all my tools, trucks, etc, including serial numbers, parts ordered, whatever I choose to put in it. Unfortunately, there are no upgrades to anything modern, and keeping that dinosaur running is starting to get tricky. One valuable consideration: unlike most modern software, it isn't a "subscription" service, and costs me nothing to continue to use.

I track all my trucks on OneStepGPS. Less than $15/month/vehicle. Live reporting, I know where everything is at all times, and can also generate DOT annual mileage reports per state, or anything else I want to calculate. Their customer service is beyond good! They always answer the phone (California business hours), and they will even write your reports for you, if you cannot figure out how to do it yourself. No devices to purchase for installation, either. All covered by the monthly fee.

Accounting by Sage Software, formerly Peachtree accounting. Too damned expensive, and difficult to use. I don't recommend, but I'm stuck with it right now.

Back