What Teeth should i use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCstumper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok i bought a 252 with stock teeth, Dont really know how to look at them to know if there good or not just know they dont work very well. Called greenteeth they said new model wont be out for another 6 weeks they cost $270, called vermeer yellow jacket just under $400 ,called new river, sandvik $1000. What about the m1 cutting system by leonardi, or the multi tip by alpine machine, has anybody use any of them? Called a place in minn. CEI that sell teeth that fit in my pockets already for $170. By the way what size allen is that, the guy who had it before me put a couple long bolts in that will be fun taking them out. Right now money is a issue just need to get thru winter.

Thanks Brian::confused:

The rayco teeth will fit so you might consider them.

Typically if a tooths edge has a radius greater than .0625 or 1/16th inch it needs to be sharpened.

This is especially true on low horsepower machines like the 252. Once the tooth has a rounded edge it no longer "cuts".

The allen is probably .500 inch, 1/2.

Last edited:
hmm

maybe just run what you have and stick with the system until you can try the green teeth. my friend said there is an easy system to sharpen green teeth that you can build with basic stuff ie; drill press and bench grinder. I think i am going to try to work this out. nothing like sharp teeth. i run green on my 27hp carlton, i run green on my 69hp vermeer and i run half inch straights and 45 lefts and rights, the good old standard teeth :) on my 48hp carlton. I get those from border city. definatley the best deal but the hardest to change. Use a lot of anti seize on the bolts for the pockets no matter what set up you choose.

green teeth are hard on your bearings plus you really only get 2 sides of the tooth. i ran them on my 1665 rayco i went back to the super teeth . the vermeer teeth work good just keep sharp teeth on your 252 and it will last along time.

What about the tomahawk teeth? or CEI they claim they have a better tooth? Has anyone one tried these? Thank you for all the info.

Brian

Back