What The "Pros" (fallers) Are Wearing To Work and Saw Choice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're babies compared to the kid's trees ;) He'd take 'em on with an 029 and a 16" bar...
Without wedges.

With his blunt loose chains and no files or scrench too... :laugh:

"This week, we are having a heat wave. The dilemma is this, does one want to stay cool and get eaten up and made anemic by the insects? Or does one want to keep one's blood supply at a normal level, but risk heat stroke? Today''s faller chose the latter. The hickory shirt is made of 100% cotton and is quite durable."

The hickories ain't bad in the heat once you get used to them. I spent the last four days cutting in mosquito/horsefly/ 90 degree hell, and they didn't get through the shirt, and I didn't overheat - Sam

My respect for loggers has increased tenfold after actually seeing a couple of the vids in this thread. Lotta tall trees so close together. :bowdown:

In defense of the Kid. He may get a little mouthy, but he knows what he is talking about. Heres one he posted in the Logging forum a while back. 660 with a 32" bar. Doing his job every day.

attachment.php

In defense of the Kid. He may get a little mouthy, but he knows what he is talking about. Heres one he posted in the Logging forum a while back. 660 with a 32" bar. Doing his job every day.

attachment.php

Ted is a good friend of mine. We even put in for a drawn tag/raffle type hunt together this year in Oregon for deer and got our hunt. I talk with him on the phone frequently. He is an intelligent guy, and knows a thing or two about falling timber. Ted is a good dude that works really hard. So sorry he ruffles so many feathers, he is a face value kind of guy. :cheers:

He is an intelligent guy, and knows a thing or two about falling timber. Ted is a good dude that works really hard. . . .

. . . and who just can't stop winning friends and gaining influence with his compassion, understanding and tact when posting online. :monkey:

Honestly, no offense meant. I reckon the kid is as tough as he needs to be. :clap: :clap:

. . . and who just can't stop winning friends and gaining influence with his compassion, understanding and tact when posting online. :monkey:

I don't think he gives a #### about "Arm Chair Loggers" nor do I really anymore for that. I'm glad someone doesn't have to sugar coat every response to dumb questions that are mearly to antagonize people that work in the trade. I'm not gonna sit here and continuously pat him on the back for doing his job, but I will defend what kind of guy he is. I'm very glad I have got the chance to know and befriend him.

I don't think he gives a #### about "Arm Chair Loggers" nor do I really anymore for that. I'm glad someone doesn't have to sugar coat every response to dumb questions that are mearly to antagonize people that work in the trade. I'm not gonna sit here and continuously pat him on the back for doing his job, but I will defend what kind of guy he is. I'm very glad I have got the chance to know and befriend him.

Ah, the lace panty crowd, they know it all, 'cause they saw it on youtube.

Ted is a good friend of mine. We even put in for a drawn tag/raffle type hunt together this year in Oregon for deer and got our hunt. I talk with him on the phone frequently. He is an intelligent guy, and knows a thing or two about falling timber. Ted is a good dude that works really hard. So sorry he ruffles so many feathers, he is a face value kind of guy. :cheers:

I've never talked to Ted personally, but on here I've gotten to know what kind of guy he is and I would side with him more often than not. He is a no bs kinda guy and I like that. There aren't that many left out there. Plenty of guys run their mouths on this site and a lot of them don't know what they are talking about. I think Ted does, thats why I posted a pic of his.

Ah, the lace panty crowd, they know it all, 'cause they saw it on youtube.

Randy, How is the Barbarian?

The Lad is fine, just been off all week. Start a higlead setting the end of next week I hope. I love playing with gravity :cheers:

Randy, How is the Barbarian?

The Lad is fine, just been off all week. Start a higlead setting the end of next week I hope. I love playing with gravity :cheers:

I am in fine form, thanks for askin'.

Highlead, arrgghhh!!! give me Cats any day.

So, did you do anything worthwhile or did ya #### the dog?

Nobody I've ever met, and I repeat NOBODY, has ever been the same in person as I've known them online. And I've met at least 150 people in person after chatting with them online.

Only once or twice have I recognized the person before they introduced themselves.

And I've known a handful of guys who I'd join in tackling hell with a bucket of water who, once they got online, came across as pricks, when they aren't really pricks at all.

It is what it is. As for being an "armchair" anything, most of us are sitting in chairs when we type on these forums. I'd rather be an armchair logger (and in fact I don't pine to be a logger; I know some loggers personally and how hard that life is) than an armchair human. :monkey:

I am in fine form, thanks for askin'.

Highlead, arrgghhh!!! give me Cats any day.

So, did you do anything worthwhile or did ya #### the dog?

Killed a pile of steelhead, napped, hung out here a bit, worked on some stuff around the casa, hung out with Mama :cheers:

Your trip looks quality buddy! Nice place to be in the summer time. The livin' is easy :cheers:

Latest posts

Back