What to do with the IRS return?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mines going to a 460 magnum sporting a 24in bar. maybe one of them fancy GB bars.

GB ProTop bars are good! I bent my 24 inch GB bar when it was pinched by a a fir tree. I took the bar down to the workshop and straightened it out in about a minute. It is as good as new. No rail damage, and relly, now I cannot tell that it was ever bent.

I hear ya but my local Stihl dealer and local husky dealer dont just mark up their cost a little or even quite a bit but a lot and treat me like crap. They never seem to want to answer my questions and they never seem to tell me the stats of a saw they have on consignment. All they say is, yeah this will get the job done. (i didn't even say what I was going to do with the saw)

Go to another dealer then. I have been to dealers... and not just STIHL but Johnsored and Dolmar also that seem to have the same attitude. Just keep checking out dealers and you should find one that really wants your business and wants to take the time to answer your questions. :cheers:

Its interesting you mention that, I thought maybe it was a local thing here .. some seem to think that they are gods gift to chainsaw dealers. I hate to tell them but they are the last ones to get my business. :censored:

And think about it... if they won't tell you the specs of a saw it is probably because they don't have a clue as to what they might be.. that says alot in my book.

Last edited:
I hear ya but my local Stihl dealer and local husky dealer dont just mark up their cost a little or even quite a bit but a lot and treat me like crap. They never seem to want to answer my questions and they never seem to tell me the stats of a saw they have on consignment. All they say is, yeah this will get the job done. (i didn't even say what I was going to do with the saw)

You should go down to Woodinville. Or go to Portland and get one sales tax-free. Though the price of gas would probably eat up the savings. Also there are fewer Stihl dealers there than before. Used to be a good one out the TV Highway between Hillsboro and Forest Grove. No longer there. As for mark-ups, all Stihl dealers shops that I have been to here in the PNW all have the same prices on their saws. I get saws and parts at the local shop whenever I can. The guy is an old logger and nice as can be. But he is limited in stock, so sometimes I have to get stuff in Eugene, where they have all the little bits and pieces. But I go there every week anyway. So no big deal. Cottage Grove has a good and large Stihl/Husky shop too, with gobs of bars and boots and loggers' supplies. Springfield has a Stihl shop, but the times I have been in there, they could care less if you exist. No real interest in selling stuff, they seem to have another agenda of doing work on marine motors and jet skis.

Back