What to replace my 365s with

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rebuild 365 but if u want new husky 572 is nice but heavier, so prob 562, or Stihl 400 is very nice too, try them all out, some 50cc are decent, dep on size bar u want to run

If it does what you need and is decent shape rebuild it. Good carb, good clutch, good muffler, good plastic, good oiler, seals, etc. Look up the cost of replacement parts. Those small parts add up fast. It is a good picnic table job for the spring. It is a lot of satisfaction.
I would rebuild 365 but if u want new husky 572 is nice but heavier, so prob 562, or Stihl 400 is very nice too, try them all out, some 50cc are decent, dep on size bar u want to run

If it does what you need and is decent shape rebuild it. Good carb, good clutch, good muffler, good plastic, good oiler, seals, etc. Look up the cost of replacement parts. Those small parts add up fast. It is a good picnic table job for the spring. It is a lot of satisfaction.
It is in good condition except for being tired, had it since new and always looked after it. Been reading a lot of reviews on the new Huskys and it seems this auto tune is not being the most reliable, perhaps the way to go is rebuild. Been looking for the 50mm Meteor kits but cannot find any over here as they seem the best kits.

Thanks for the reply's, yes looking at the reviews it seems the 50cc saws are similar in power no days to the old stuff or close to it, not to sure of the auto tune stuff though.

I'll add my 2 cents. The way I see it is you have 4 options
1. Rebuild the 365... bearings, seals, piston, cylinder. Run for another x years.
2. New similar size/model. 562xp
3. New similar but far better saw. 400c
4. Find another older saw with far less time.
I have owned and ran the 365, 371, 372. Also owned and ran the 562, have ran a 572. I now own and run a Stihl 400 and 462 which is ported. Of all the saws I own (about 20) and have owned (lost count) you simply will not find a saw that compares to the 400c. I'm talking 60-75 cc, stock saw.
(You will hear modify this, just go bigger buy a 500i or a 592, opinions are like arse holes eveybody has one, and too each there own, I have ran and modified a 365 to a 372. Just not the same.) Antivibe, fuel economy, starting (warm and cold). You need to go hold some new ones in your own hands. My shortcut for you is to go straight to a 400c. Not a Husqvarna that will touch it, and the Stihl mTronic is far more reliable than the Autotune in my experience.

Or just get one of these and be done with it Lol 😆 View attachment 1053407
Spend a few more clams and grab a ms400cm if it's in the budget. Formerly owning a 562xp and getting a 400 there's no comparison the 400 is a better running saw sacrificing nothing over the 562. Really id just fix the 365 with 372 top end, but owning a 365 I can't say I'd rather run it over the 400. Actually I haven't touched the 365 in years as I liked the 562xp better, and I like the 400 better then the 562.

The 400 piston scares me. Is it cast or forged. To many unknowns and not sure the saw is being tested much in the real world as it seems to be a ass saw.
I would buy saws all around the 400 saws that are known hard working lasting saws.

I'll add my 2 cents. The way I see it is you have 4 options
1. Rebuild the 365... bearings, seals, piston, cylinder. Run for another x years.
2. New similar size/model. 562xp
3. New similar but far better saw. 400c
4. Find another older saw with far less time.
I have owned and ran the 365, 371, 372. Also owned and ran the 562, have ran a 572. I now own and run a Stihl 400 and 462 which is ported. Of all the saws I own (about 20) and have owned (lost count) you simply will not find a saw that compares to the 400c. I'm talking 60-75 cc, stock saw.
(You will hear modify this, just go bigger buy a 500i or a 592, opinions are like arse holes eveybody has one, and too each there own, I have ran and modified a 365 to a 372. Just not the same.) Antivibe, fuel economy, starting (warm and cold). You need to go hold some new ones in your own hands. My shortcut for you is to go straight to a 400c. Not a Husqvarna that will touch it, and the Stihl mTronic is far more reliable than the Autotune in my experience.
Thanks for the reply, I will have a look.

Spend a few more clams and grab a ms400cm if it's in the budget. Formerly owning a 562xp and getting a 400 there's no comparison the 400 is a better running saw sacrificing nothing over the 562. Really id just fix the 365 with 372 top end, but owning a 365 I can't say I'd rather run it over the 400. Actually I haven't touched the 365 in years as I liked the 562xp better, and I like the 400 better then the 562.
Still waiting to try a 400. I like the 372's over the 562, don't feel any weight difference. But a 2260 with a 20 feels better than a 562 with a 20 for bucking, but I like the 562 for limbing, so might as well grab the ported 365 or a modded 372. Now, that 400 may change my opinion. As I said, still waiting to run one.

Latest posts

Back