What trees do you dislike removing/pruning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I think you guys have worst trees than us in the tropics. Finally was able to get a picture of an opiuma tree, a tree that I charge triple my normal rate to do. The needle like thorns are like that throughout the whole tree, still not as bad as some of the pictures I have seen here so far.

The honey locust JPS posted is not something you run into on a daily basis in Wisconsin. Like he said, it's normally in the wild or a very old tree. Usually, I've seen those trees in cemetaries or places that haven't been touched in a long time.

Stumper. I do like to cut/split chokecherry to later burn. Burns very hot. My wood stove lgets all fired up!!

Dislike anything that pokes me...hawthorne, locust, holly. Chipping sycamore when it's dusty.

There is a lot of honey locust around here. I bid a job in a residential backyard this year that had 10 mature honey locust. He went with the lowest bidder and called me to chip the brush. Apparently the first guy didn't have a chipper and called it quits after two trailer loads.:eek: I only adjusted my price by 10% and finished the job.
Work like that falls under the stupid tax.

Back