What two years ahead looks like! (Pic Heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss~zoso~ss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know I don't post too much, but some of you may remember my last thread if ya cared to catch up on things;

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/193998.htm

Anyways, the parents have been workin' hard and are finally done for a good while, they ran out of room! Very proud of them!

04-15-12017.jpg

Below, what we'll start off with this fall;
04-15-12012.jpg

04-15-12010.jpg

Below, dad workin' on the leaf blower, note the latest purchase; 45 dollar HF pancake air compressor!
04-15-12011.jpg

Another shot of the back yard;
04-15-12008.jpg

Outside the back door where we grab our firewood;
04-15-12007.jpg

And the most important part, the source of our free firewood!

04-15-12003.jpg

04-15-12002.jpg

04-15-12001.jpg

Noted in the last thread I made, we just can pull up to this pile cut a few pieces as needed and load up, 3 miles from home!

haha, I hope you're right, we're just thinking to ourselves "2 years ahead" to be conservative!

we burn 3-4 cord a year, I haven't really tried to figure out how much is sittin back there yet!

Very nice! I think I will be at three years ahead once all this huge pile of oak and pine gets split. It's all mostly cut to size now. Just came in from cutting up the final cuts on some huge oak branches and noodling up the crotches into all nighter chunks.

yes, it is a good feeling to be years ahead!

Its holding up well, they love it and its easy for them to run. Most of the stuff they split is pretty easy stuff as you can tell from the pic of the supply!

firewood-for free???

Great pic's of future firewood. Sure would like to find some free firewood to cut in my area. Stuffs like gold around here.:chainsaw:

yea, we were really blessed to find a 'glory hole' like this one. Its storm damage from last October's storm, and they had to clear it all up quickly because its a private park and they needed to open back up in the spring.

Wow! I think I almost burned two cords last winter. I am close to getting two years ahead. Good insulation, a small house, and a mild, but wet climate makes for less work. That latter part makes for a longer burning season. I need to get a fire going this morning.

Nice job! Its great being a few years ahead on the wood, makes gathering would alot more fun when your not racing the clock. Also a piece of mind if you get hurt, or truck die's, what ever, there will be time to take care of it without worrying about having heat for winter.

yea its a great feeling to look out your back windows and see all that 'heat' or 'money' sitting there knowing you got the next two years covered!

"make hay when the sun is shining"

Ready for the Ice Age. Its funny how I had 2 years worth this past winter and instead of using usual 5 cords, I only used 2.5 cause it was so damn hot. :-(

Now I have 2 concerns, rot, and ticks.

So I have a question with all that wood... do you not get bugs and ticks there or do you spray for it?

Nice setup btw.

Ready for the Ice Age. Its funny how I had 2 years worth this past winter and instead of using usual 5 cords, I only used 2.5 cause it was so damn hot. :-(

So I have a question with all that wood... do you not get bugs and ticks there or do you spray for it?

Nice setup btw.

we never notice any ticks or any other bug issues

Not too worried about the wood, ain't gonna rot its not that old, we also stack it with 3-4 inches of space between rows to help with drying and preventing rot / fungus

A little addition to the pile this past week, parents helped out a person on our street who had a pretty good sized limb fall down.

So they chunked it up and cleared it out for them.

Pics for my AS buds!

mothersdaywork005.jpg

may12th2012001.jpg

mothersdaywork004.jpg

Miller Time!
mothersdaywork007.jpg

You can see where it was stacked in the last pic, basically that little added on pile and the rest was just spread out over the tops of the other stacks

Nice setup btw.

Our ticks are not in wood piles. But, in my climate, we do get beetles that will munch. Plus, the wood on the bottom, even if on a pallet, will stay wet when stored outdoors. Rot is a concern. We have at least a steady drizzle and or fog for 8 or 9 months. Don't move here.

The gross thing about storing wood outdoors here is we have huge slugs. Squish one of those on your bare hand and the slime is hard to get rid of. I wipe it off with a paper towel, then rinse in vinegar to get rid of the icky stuff.

My cat seems to take care of the mice. Packrats are another thing. :msp_sad:

Latest posts

Back