What type of mold

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Reaction score
Hey,

Anyone who what kind of mold this is? I want to make something with the wood and like the patterning the mold has created, but I don't know if it's a dangerous mold or not... The wood is beech, it was in the forest on a firewood pile (so reasonably dry) The mold is kind of droplet-shaped emanating outwards from the centre, very black, dry and velvety in texture.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20230816_161520.jpg
    IMG_20230816_161520.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Just make what you are going to make, then seal it in with a good finish. That's the last you will see of it.

If molds concern you, perhaps you ought to wear a good respirator while working the wood, however.

Your question is quite general, and it's unclear what specific information you're seeking about mold. There are many types of molds, and they can be found in various environments. Here are a few key points about molds:

1. **Types of Molds**: There are thousands of different mold species, and they can be categorized into several genera. Some common types of indoor molds include Stachybotrys (black mold), Penicillium, Aspergillus, and Cladosporium.

2. **Health Concerns**: Exposure to mold can cause health problems for some individuals, particularly those with allergies or respiratory conditions. Black mold, in particular, is often associated with health concerns.

3. **Environmental Conditions**: Molds thrive in damp and humid environments. They can grow on a variety of organic materials, including wood, paper, fabric, and drywall.

4. **Removal and Prevention**: If you have a mold problem, it's important to address it. Mold should be removed and the source of moisture should be eliminated to prevent regrowth. Mold remediation is typically done by professionals.

If you have a specific question or concern related to mold, please provide more details, and I'll do my best to offer more specific information or guidance.

Your question is quite general, and it's unclear what specific information you're seeking about mold. There are many types of molds, and they can be found in various environments. Here are a few key points about molds:

1. **Types of Molds**: There are thousands of different mold species, and they can be categorized into several genera. Some common types of indoor molds include Stachybotrys (black mold), Penicillium, Aspergillus, and Cladosporium.

2. **Health Concerns**: Exposure to mold can cause health problems for some individuals, particularly those with allergies or respiratory conditions. Black mold, in particular, is often associated with health concerns.

3. **Environmental Conditions**: Molds thrive in damp and humid environments. They can grow on a variety of organic materials, including wood, paper, fabric, and drywall.

4. **Removal and Prevention**: If you have a mold problem, it's important to address it. Mold should be removed and the source of moisture should be eliminated to prevent regrowth. Mold remediation is typically done by professionals.

If you have a specific question or concern related to mold, please provide more details, and I'll do my best to offer more specific information or guidance.
Can you check the pictures with fire hydrants in them for me?

Back