What woodstove do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pacific Energy Super 27. First winter with this stove but I think that I am gonna really like it. Its a little hard to get going from scratch (no coals) but after its drawing good its good to go.

Woodstock's new Ideal Steel stove (Beta unit). 3.2 cu ft firebox, hybrid secondary air and cat combo. Just got it installed this week and built the first fire today. Previous stove was a Woodstock Fireview.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 28
Locke warm morning from the early 30s. Holds a lot of wood and burns slow. load it up first thing in the morning and last at night. I myself have also had a fire going constantly for at least a month.

Woodstock's new Ideal Steel stove (Beta unit). 3.2 cu ft firebox, hybrid secondary air and cat combo. Just got it installed this week and built the first fire today. Previous stove was a Woodstock Fireview.
Very unique look on that new stove, Brian, I like it. What are your plans for the Fireview?

Ron

Waterford Ashling (came with the house). Firebox is a bit on the small side... can only burn 3-4 (4" sqaure tooth picks as some like to call my firewood) sticks at a time. Burns fairly well. It heats my 1700 sqft cape cod well until the temps drop below 15 degrees, then the furnace needs to come on to keep the house above 55 degrees.

Englander 30 to replace my Warm Morning 520.

Though may put the WM 520 to use someday in the metal building it's being stored in now......

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Very unique look on that new stove, Brian, I like it.
By the way Woodstock will be customizing this new model of stoves per customer design when they come on the market next summer. They can combine colors and cut designs on the leg covers, top burners and even the door hinges and andirons. Ours is based on the Fleur de lis pattern (yeah, wife and daughter got to make the call on that.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 15

That's a really good looking stove, but kinda hard tell what size it is from a picture. I bet it holds heat well and I like the handles and top plate. Few things I noticed that it doesn't have, that I think are a must have for me, side loading and grates with ash pan. I owned an Ember Hearth years ago and loading the front trying to keep hot coals from rolling out was a bear and then have to let the fire die down to take out the ashes. Even worse than letting the fire die down was all the ashes and dust flying around.

Last edited:
I have a wood stove made in Hayden Idaho by a one man machine shop who built stoves when machine work was slow. He called it the Pondery Stove, and became very popular, so popular he quit taking on machine business. Still worked by himself other than a young man to help clean up and run the bender, shear. His orders ran about 3 months out, people kept on ordering his stoves. Was one of the first to put a glass door in his stoves, my wife saw one of his stoves and went to see him, see liked the stove and called me I told her to order one. Surprise to me she came home with one in the back of pickup. Seems he had built one for a guy and had it done for over a month, but guy wouldn't come get it. That was over 30 years ago, it still sits in the corner burning 24/7. Have replaced one blower motor and 3 glass panels, non since Corning came out with stove glass and once relined with fire brick. Have replaced stove pipe complete twice, last time just last year. The old fellow worked for another few years then locked his shop and went fishing. Notice how door opens up for easier glass cleaning, and wood loading. Really needs cleaning again.

Really poor picture best my camera would do, not enough light.
image.jpg

Last edited:
pacific energy 27?? (i dont know... the big one) and an englander (again i dont remember.... the little one) the pacific energy is a very nice stove. The englander is so so, it puts out heat so who can complain really haha

That's a really good looking stove, but kinda hard tell what size it is from a picture. I bet it holds heat well and I like the handles and top plate. Few things I noticed that it doesn't have, that I think are a must have for me, side loading and grates with ash pan.
Stove top is 28" wide, 23 1/2" deep and on the highest leg setting stove is 35 1/2" tall. On this Beta unit there is about 4" of adjustment on the legs so minimum height would be ~31" on this particular unit.

Firebox measures 22" wide, 18" deep, 11" tall at rear of secondary air plate, 15" tall at front of secondary air plate, 3.2cu ft.

Ash pan will be available when they go into production next year.

This is a big 650lb stove and firebox is lined with soapstone and there are soapstone panels behind the leg covers. It's got plenty of mass to hold heat.

Back