What woodstove do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Fisher - came with the house. Out of business some time ago. Can't find any info on it. Probably way down there on efficiency, but built like a tank. The two cast iron doors come off easily, and there's a screen that can pop in.

Works for us, though. Our only source of heat other than a few portable electrics that I hate to use, and one functional baseboard heater. Used only if somebody is sick and needs it warmer.

Fisher Grandma since 1980, forgot about the screen. Ex and I used to put it in, fire up the blender, throw a quilt on the floor and watch movies. Funny, we never saw the end of one:msp_wink:

We have a couple of small Regencies that work well, burn them hot, let fires go out at night. We never have any need of chimney cleaning. But my favorite is an old Fisher Baby Bear that I got when my first child was born, 34 years ago. We have lugged that stove through three moves, and today it is used almost every day in my basment workship. A simple baffle seems to help it a lot.

There is great source of info on Fisher stoves here....Everything Fisher | ********** Forums Home

Maybe useful

US stove co 1802...it's second hand but does well for a creigslist purchase. Defiantly not a high efficiency it smokes like hell even when it's burning hot.

I have a 1980 Riteway RB-75 I.W.B. ,I haven't bought oil in years,(screw the towel heads).I use about 8 cords a year,but house is 72 degrees all the time. Buddy owns logging company so wood isn't a problem. Love the unit just hope it holds up another 30 years.:clap:

Just got a Lennox Grandview 230 this last October. A lot more efficient then our old Schrader wood stove.

Alpiner

Ended up grabbing me a Canadian stove an Alpiner Matterhorn. Beast and eats wood like a beast , need it to heat my leaky old farmhouse. Takes 30" sticks and cranks out some serious heat and has a good burn time .

1970-1980's Ashley wood circulator with blower it will hold the maximum of a 24 inch log holds a fire for 8 hrs i got to replace the center grate.
i want a hot blast furnace but im poor right now. :msp_sad:

attachment.php

This little guy - it looks like an old 50's console TV but works great.

We had one like that when I was a kid. I have fond memories of mom putting my pants, shirt, and socks on top of it to warm them up before I got dressed, nothing better than putting on warm clothes on a chilly winter morning. I would also sit on top when I came in from playing in the snow.

I have an Avalon 1196 insert, it has done a great job heating my house. I have no complaints but I would like a new insert maybe a princess.

Back