What woodstove do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Forgive me if this was posted before, but I was just interested in hearing about what stoves we all are using. I originally had a Godin (came with the house), actually "won" an Efel catalytic at a stoveshop raffle in '92-used it for one season and sold it-NO GOOD! Have happily been using a Dovre Aurora that I bought in '93. Dovre was a company in Illinois that has been bounced around and last that I knew was owned by Quadri-fire. What do you guys use? Thanks!

I have an Arrow stove in my shop and a Timbereeze wood/coal add-on ffurnace in the house. Both are over 20 years old and still working well but will be replaced with a Woodmaster 4400 for the 2006-7 heating season.

Quadrafire 5100-I

Very nice stove and highly efficient. The stove burns wood and wood gasses (Smoke) so completely there is no visable smoke when its burning right.

We put 3 cords of wood through it last winter and only emptied ashes 6 times, @ 1.5-2 gallons per cleaning.

I have a Jotul #8 , with the scroll work glass front door. no top feed just front. Awesome stove!

Got it free at a job site. the customer had used it once and didnt like how it looked in his living room ( rich old guy ). it still had the white crayon on it!!! so i got a 1300$ stove for free. but i did give the guy a cord of wood for it out of courtesy.

-mike

stove

We have a woodstock soapstone stove.Was put in last fall.Great stove.:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :greenchainsaw:

Clayton

I have a wood and coal add on furnace ,clayton 1600 , been working for 18 years . Ted

I've used a 25" Squire for the past 20 years. Now have it in my shop. Thermostat blower with two speeds. I can get an all-night burn with about four oak or locust logs and start from the coals the next morning. Also takes a while to build up ashes. Before that I used an old pot belly stove. Looked real nice and gave off good heat but it ate too much wood.

Baker's Choice cookstove by Suppertime stoves out of Aylmer Ontario. Nice unit, it will hold fire all night. It is air tight so the beast wouldn't get away on you like grandma's Southbend. Takes 16" sticks a fair sized armfull at a time. Since it is air tight I had to learn the hard way not to put wood that is not well seasoned in fair weather, unlike what I had to with my previous leaky cast iron garbage gremlin to get it to hold fire.

I've got a Blaze Princess. Kindof a gay name, but it came with the house. I was skeptical when I first saw it, but man what a stove. The front door comes off, and you can put a screen on it, and have a regular fireplace...which is good for romancing the ladies!

Now to just find some ladies....

Cawley Lemay 600

Beautiful stove
I wish they hadn't gone out of business in 1984
It's getting very hard to get parts.

I wish I could find someone one the east coast that sells the replacement parts. The only place I know of is in Portland, OR.

:cheers:

Quadrafire 5700, bought it this past spring.:clap: I have not fired it yet , got to wait till Oct..

Marco said:
Baker's Choice cookstove by Suppertime stoves out of Aylmer Ontario. Nice unit, it will hold fire all night. It is air tight so the beast wouldn't get away on you like grandma's Southbend. Takes 16" sticks a fair sized armfull at a time. Since it is air tight I had to learn the hard way not to put wood that is not well seasoned in fair weather, unlike what I had to with my previous leaky cast iron garbage gremlin to get it to hold fire.
We own a Bakers Choice cooking stove. Gas burners with a electric convection oven. Best darn kitchen stove ever! I had no idea they made woodstoves.:D

Old Fisher - came with the house. Out of business some time ago. Can't find any info on it. Probably way down there on efficiency, but built like a tank. The two cast iron doors come off easily, and there's a screen that can pop in.

Works for us, though. Our only source of heat other than a few portable electrics that I hate to use, and one functional baseboard heater. Used only if somebody is sick and needs it warmer.

Latest posts

Back