What woodstove do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got an old Fisher Papa Bear or Granpa Bear (can't remember which one) that has two doors in the front and a screen if you want to see the flame. I bought it new back in the early to mid eighties. It works good for me but I'd like to know if the newer stoves are much more efficient. Do any of you have experience with a stove like this and one of the newer stoves? I'd be willing to spend some money for a better stove but it would have to be quite a bit better.

Danny

We burn with an old inefficient Riteway. In fact I call her Black Betty. She is big, black and always hungry! She takes 24 inch pieces of firewood and I can load her good with about 10-12 good size pieces at a time. She heats the whole house since she is tied in with the duct work and a blower unit that kicks on once she gets to a certain temp.

We have a huge Hitzer wood burner in our master bedroom that is way too much stove since our master is not all that big. One of the morons that used to own our house decided it would be cool to put a giant stove in a not so big room. In other words it'll run you right out of there. Gonna have to move it somewhere else.

Hi:

We have used the Regency medium insert (I2400M?) for 2 winters. Last winter I installed a Regency medium freestanding stove (F2400M?) in the basement. Not sure on the model numbers and too lazy to go look.

Jonathan

We have the same Fisher stove as BlueRidgeMark and maybe danrclem, it came with the house. Alot of the heat goes up the flue, but it heats this tiny house fine! Someday we hope to upgrade to a modern unit with (way) more efficiency and 'invironmental correctness'.

i have a 1977 Vermont casting wood stove and it smokes and is not tight so this year i am getting a new Avalon rainier hope this will burn more clean and use less wood ;-)

thanks
Jason

I have a Lopi Endeavor, which is certified and rated to produce 1.9 grams per hour of particulates, which is one of the best.

I also have an old Arrow insert which is flush mounted and thus totally relies on its blower to put heat out. non certified. I only use it when it's really cold out, which is seldom in the PNWet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

K S W is what it says on the door.Looked it up online(knoxville Stove Works).Eats about 15 cord a winter heating a 30X40 barn.Will take 24" but 20" is a lot more friendly.Picked it up for 75.00 on the side of the road.Been using it for three years now.

timbereeze add on wood/coal furnace

i was hoping someone could help me..i bought this add on unit..and does need a grate and some new firebricks...i seen the was a site that sold the grates...but now i cant find the site again..does anyone now where i could get one...i keep searching..but have no luck...thanx

5100 Too Big for Stove

rbtree said:
I have a Lopi Endeavor, which is certified and rated to produce 1.9 grams per hour of particulates, which is one of the best.

I also have an old Arrow insert which is flush mounted and thus totally relies on its blower to put heat out. non certified. I only use it when it's really cold out, which is seldom in the PNWet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Darwin Award nominee: Dolmar 5100 wrong size for wood stove :taped: Won't Fit in the stove to burn :rock: .

24/7 House Stoves: VC Encore (2001) works well but big $$$ for parts
Jotul Oslo bl/blk (2005) doesn't hold fire like the Encore
Hot Tub: Snorkel Stove burns all the trash spruce/fir it wants
Shop: Tempwood steel box monster top load, nice

Quadrafire Isle Royal. Pretty big stove, lots of heat and pretty effecient. I am on year number 6 with it.

Hardy wood boiler. Heats my water and all 4000 sq ft pretty well. Don't know about efficiency but when I burn both upstairs and downstairs fireplaces that really eats wood!

Earth Stove BV4000c, catalytic, EPA certified, 56,800 BTUs, 72% effeciency, 1.9 GPH output.

Back