What would you do? 455 Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kallaste

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 455 Husqvarna. I have run about 3-4 gallons of fuel mix thrue it since new ( apx 8 months old) The saw starts and runs good, The plug is light tan. I use 50:1 Amsoil. I wanted to richen it up just a tad so as to avoid a lean condition and maybe get a tad more power. Upon checking the high speed jet, I found it was already as open as it could get because of the plastic limiters. I dont want to void my warranty, but I cant help but feel that richening it up a little (1/4 turn or so) would be a benefit. What would you do . 1. grind off the limiters and adjust it 2. call Husky and ask there opinion or 3. take it to a service center.

Thanks Steve

Not a good idea to richin up these X-torq strato charged motors Steve. The whole idea with this technology is running lean. The only exception would be if it's running at too high RPM, and the cap won't let you back it down.

About the oil: The new Husky XP synthetic blend would be better than the amsoil. It is a Swedish formula that they were reluctant to send over here because it is blended by a company that makes oils for several OEM's. They didn't want anyone else to have access to it. There was lot's of lawyer talk before Husky would release it for the US market.

Back