what you do with all your slab wood from milling lumber do you sell it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny100

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
what do you do with all the slab wood after milling your lumber
do you sell it
how much?>

I had a friend that let me take all I could just so he didn't have to deal with it. He milled...I picked up and burnt the slab wood in my OWB.

We have racks they are tossed in while milling, once full gets banded up and stuck in a pile. $100 per.

Had 5 or 6 seem to stick around through the summer, would sell 2 or 3, make 2 or 3 more type thing.
In the last couple weeks sold the all and people are just about fighting over it. Same with FIBCs of sawdust.

People do "rustic" siding with it, or just cut it up for cheap firewood.

I've cut some up before to burn, it's kind of a PITA.

I didn't think it was too bad to cut up actually. I cut it right on the trailer w/ 36" bar...cut from one side then the other and had everything cut up in no time. I can handle 30" long so didn't need too much cutting.

I have a couple of good friends that have a nice band saw so if I want some thing special I go see them. For every thing else I use my clamp on guide for making beams to fix up my houses. I milled about 200' of Pine and Cedar dog eared fencing. After five years it still looks like new. Thanks

Latest posts

Back