What's a Good Push-Mower (please)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky doesn't make their own mowers! At least not in the US. they're just rebadged Poulan mowers based on older AYP designs.

Hondas are good but parts for them are ridiculously expensive, especially any parts for the drive system. I would look for a Snapper, Toro or Deere with a good engine.

I had no problem out either of mine till I got someone to do my lawn for me(let them sit up and forgot to put stabilizer in them). I can't beat $35.00 every two weeks to do my lawn. He not only cuts the grass but rakes the leaves, trims the trees and bushes and cleans out the flower beds all for the same price. The only time he charges more is if like when Ike came thru last year. The time I have freed up letting him do the lawn for me is hard to beat for the money. I have time now to do other things(like work on the race car) and not half to worry about doing my lawn(really nice when going on vacation too). I am going to try to get the to mowers working again(probably just carb cleaning needed) in case times get so hard I need to let my lawn guy go.

As for the Husky mower being a rebadge I wouldn't know, but mine does say made in Sweden on it and except for the Briggs motor on it I can't tell. As for the other it is really a Troybuilt brand but is just a Honda rebadge(got a friend who has the same identical mower but Honda badged).

Last edited:
Yep, and still Made in USA too. They're one of the last good domestic manufacturers left. Snapper even refused to sell mowers at Wal Mart because they did not want to have their name attached to a rebadged junk machine.

Friends of mine bought a new Snapper Hi-Vac 2 summers ago and that thing is SWEET!

Good to know, thanks!
Dok

Honda. The engines start easy, run forever and they sip fuel. I wouldnt buy a Toro because of the antiquated (sidevalve) engine technology and because they arent any less expensive than a Honda.
Theres 2 kinds of walkbehind mowers: Hondas and something thats gonna give you problems.

Honda. The engines start easy, run forever and they sip fuel. I wouldnt buy a Toro because of the antiquated (sidevalve) engine technology and because they arent any less expensive than a Honda.
Theres 2 kinds of walkbehind mowers: Hondas and something thats gonna give you problems.

:agree2:

Latest posts

Back