Whats behind the Name

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lesorubcheek said:
Mine is a nice way to say lumberjack in Russian (but not spelled in cyrillic). My avatar is an air filter cover from a 925.

Dan

That name had had me wondering for a long time.. Glad you cleared it up!

...nothing to do with birds actually.

There was a time (pre children) when most of my spare time and money went into flying airplanes. I'm a member of a "pilots fraternity" named Quiet Birdmen and I used to go by QB1rdman on a lot of sites/forums. As you ca imagine I got tired of everyone asking me what the "Q" was for.

So now it's just B1rdmad...

Don't tell anyone about the Quiet Birdmen either. It's not classified likes Space's occupation, but it is a "secret" society.

My intials. Not very original, but simple. I usually use REM2730 (Remington 270 Win and 300 Win Mag) other places on the net. One day I'll pick an avatar.

Kevin

Romeo???

I got the name at a logging competition by the nemises family we compete against (the Dees family). I never asked why and I probably dont want to know.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I grew up on the Klickitat River where my family home steaded in the 1870's. When I was in grade school, I did not like school at all and one day my dad put a Louis L'Amour book in my hand and said to read it and when I was done there would be a test as he had read it 3 or 4 time aready. I was hooked on his stroy telling ever since. Sacket is a family name in a series of books that he wrote.

Name

First name is Kristoffer last name I think only my Nordic neighbors (Denmark, Norway and Finland) could pronounce
All my friends call me Kipp and have done that since kindergarten ,,,

:cheers:

Well the WM is form my initials and the rest is "thrower" because I like to throw things during the year. Was big into track and field during school and then went on to do highland games.

slipknot:[

also....I don't like that bastard george w. bush or his dad or any of their crime-family friends....nothing to do with my name just my avatar.[/QUOTE]

Hey slipknot:
too bad you weren't visiting Zarqawi yesterday afternoon.....next time you are offered drugs, just say 'NO'. You will be able to think more clearly.
If you had a brain, your job wouldn't have been 'stolen by a mexican' as you claim and you wouldn't make ludicrous statements like this.

Last edited:
who's Manual

It's going to take Manual to do this job.
Manual Who ?
Manual Labor.....Now Get-R-Done.
Real Name is Mike Dodge

Hanging out at race tracks, ,,,, everybody gets a nick-name sooner or latter, as a Farrier, mine became Shoer.

We ran a Jet Dragster, I had the honer of Crew Chief, and if anyone has seen the crew scramble to start there cars, when last crew member is in the support vehicle, its haul-azz down the track. Racing the crew in the other lane. (unofficially, but fun)

It was one of my sticklers that we would practice the start, quick car and jet check, give the driver his after-burner pressures and a "thumbs-up" and crew departure, we had it down!,,,, If anything ever went wrong, we could run the sequence again with out scraching the race. Our support vehicle was a 1 ton Chevy dually with a stock 454, the same truck we pulled the race trailer with,,,, great up hills, but sucked down the track against the other support viehicles, as most other teams had a lot more money tied up in there's,,,,,,, but we usually beat them,,,,, by starting earlier,,as the truck was known as not very quick, but "shoerfast",,,,,

That term evolved into the nick-name for me , Shoerfast, or sometimes pronounced Sure-ar-fazt.

aka: Kevin

I like wood (cutting, designing, buliding, furnuture, decks, whatever) and I like windsurfing (since 1976!)... Just slap 'em together and there's my moniker.

Tommorow is Friday so...:givebeer: !!!!!!!!

Dave

Mark's the name...obviously. I whitewater kayak a lot amongst many other things to do with the outdoors, but back in college I was mostly known for my kayaking. The ladies started calling me boatermark. On other side, my pals called me "Mad Bomber" for all the crazy things I did in my kayak (hucking myself over waterfalls and such), and I would have like to use that but that nickname just doesn't seem so PC anymore. Oh well, boatermark it is...

I think by seeing my name should explain it. I dont heat with wood. I dont work in the tree services. I just got hooked into cutting wood biscuits for fun and helping friends out cutting up their wood and learning to work on saws of others that are having problems. Since I dont bracket race anymore and went to a gtg this year. I got the ole adrenaline flowing again running some fast woods saws at ohio gtg. So now I am hooked wanting to run faster wood saws.
I CUT 4 FUN only or storm damage clean ups.

fishhuntcutwood said:
Where the hell did "dedcow" come from?

you remember that? i got that name years ago on the internet, a good friend had the nick dedsky (a skydiving nut) and one day i was grilling some steaks and he started calling me dedcow.. it just stuck after that.

NWCS said:
you remember that? i got that name years ago on the internet, a good friend had the nick dedsky (a skydiving nut) and one day i was grilling some steaks and he started calling me dedcow.. it just stuck after that.
Thats where that name came from. I remember that one from awhile back.

Mine right now, isnt really important because I plan to get it changed to "Oldsawdust" which is the same as I have on a couple other forums.

MY real name is Bob, beyond that, if I told you I'd have to kill you. yeah yeah ,I know put the crackpipe down and step away from the computer now right?

I'm Bill Padgett. I ticked off the old Nazi in the emissions lab in Weiblingen and he said something like "yooz zeem to tink yooz a doktor or sometink". He was sick of my questions and my friends made sure the name stuck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back