Whats behind the Name

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manual said:
It's going to take Manual to do this job.
Manual Who ?
Manual Labor.....

Heh. I first heard that from a Hispanic motor pool sergeant. So the C.O. gave him that as a radio handle forever after, since the code book didn't have a designation for the motor sergeant. Excellent NCO, too.

Well, when I started all this forum posting stuff, all of my saws were really old, none of them bought new. Now, a few years later, I have more saws, the newest of which is about 9 or 10 years old. I've gone from 30 years to 10, but 10 is still old. Besides, "notquiteasoldsaw" is too long and too confusing.

I sign every post "Mark", which is actually my given name. I'm a displaced Minnesotan surviving in Missouri, or, as I often say, "the state of Misery"...although it is a nice place....with lots of trees. BCorradi actually lives 10-12 miles from where I grew up. Small world sometimes.

Mark

Stihldoc said:
I'm Bill Padgett. I ticked off the old Nazi in the emissions lab in Weiblingen and he saod something like "yooz zeem to tink yooz a doktor or sometink". He was sick of my questions and my friends made sure the name stuck.

haha, good one. Bill you know overthere I hear they think they know it all, glad you pestered that sucker. Bobby told me while he was overthere he was at some pub and they were giving him some slack about how Americans work too many hours and they don't. Maybe thats why the bars are soon going to be made in Va Beach huh?????????

klickitatsacket said:
I grew up on the Klickitat River where my family home steaded in the 1870's. When I was in grade school, I did not like school at all and one day my dad put a Louis L'Amour book in my hand and said to read it and when I was done there would be a test as he had read it 3 or 4 time aready. I was hooked on his stroy telling ever since. Sacket is a family name in a series of books that he wrote.

Cool, Dean. Beautiful country, and a good author. I particularly enjoy how he would research and get the historical and geographical details correct. No 1894 Winchesters at the Battle of the Little Big Horn! :laugh:

Stihldoc said:
THALL- I always thought VA Beach already had enough bars. Cheers
They're gonna have around 300,000 more real soon, MADE IN USA, I can dig it, how bout you?

Thall- that's cool about making the bars here. I've heard that Plant 2 (VA Beach) has had an overall higher quality rating than Plant 1 (Weiblingen). Now to get Fred Whyte to take notice of what Stihl is charging for chains and bars vs. the competition. Someone at Stihl is sniffing a little too much glue. The RBI fall program came out and Oregon 72lp-72 loops are $8.36. I just ordered 200 and will retail them at $16.72. 100% margin AND $14.00 or so less than Stihl MSRP for 33rsc-72 (at 50% margin). I love Stihl chain, but its getting painful. Sorry to get off topic, I digress.

Stihldoc said:
Thall- that's cool about making the bars here. I've heard that Plant 2 (VA Beach) has had an overall higher quality rating than Plant 1 (Weiblingen). Now to get Fred Whyte to take notice of what Stihl is charging for chains and bars vs. the competition. Someone at Stihl is sniffing a little too much glue. The RBI fall program came out and Oregon 72lp-72 loops are $8.36. I just ordered 200 and will retail them at $16.72. 100% margin AND $14.00 or so less than Stihl MSRP for 33rsc-72 (at 50% margin). I love Stihl chain, but its getting painful. Sorry to get off topic, I digress.

I know what you mean, Don came by and gave me that info and I looked at the prices and thought wow. Bobby came by today and we got to talking and I asked him how you were doing. He said it looks like your going to be taking a trip , hmmmmmmmmmmm. Good job man. If you look at my last post in the MS310 oiler thread you will see I used you as a referance to being top notch. One ole cat on here thinks we(stihl dealers)aren't up to par but we know better...........................

Well when I first found AS it was hard to decide to go with either Cow Squeezer or with Madsaw. I picked Madsaw because of some chain I posted a pic of on here. As stated in that post a guy would have to be mad to use it.
If someone could imbed it or tell me how to imbed pics. I been here sometime but yet to pick that up yet. The pic is here on AS. Here is a link to the thread. http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=16021
Oh and for the ones who have not meet me in person, I am Bob Pierce. I go by twinoakswis on ebay and my local name for selling antiques is Twin Oaks.
Later All
bob

Cool thread...:rockn:

My initals are G.A.S. (Gary A. Strassburg). So as I was going through grade school, I got nailed with the moniker "Gasman". It kinda stuck over the years with close friends. I made it GASoline71 on forums because Gasman was usually taken.

The "71" refers to my first car I had... a 1971 Chevy ElCamino SS... Man I miss that car!

there ya go...:D

Gary

Pretty obvious and boring really. "Kiwi" because I'm from New Zealand and "cutter" because I love to cut wood. Real name just as boring - John.

Motor-7.......It's my unit # & call sign designation at work. It has been for over 10 years. I ride every day, but only for 4 months & 4 days, then...retirement to 95 acres in E. TN. I've grown to really hate S FL:censored:
RD

klickitatsacket said:
I grew up on the Klickitat River where my family home steaded in the 1870's. When I was in grade school, I did not like school at all and one day my dad put a Louis L'Amour book in my hand and said to read it and when I was done there would be a test as he had read it 3 or 4 time aready. I was hooked on his stroy telling ever since. Sacket is a family name in a series of books that he wrote.

Hey, i can see the Clinch Mtn from my place in TN(2 miles away)...love riding the smaller State rds that crisscross that hill! Always wondered if L'Amour made that name up or if it was based on a real family.
RD

klickitatsacket said:

always wonder where you got it from

Latest posts

Back