Whats behind the Name

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is brought over from a dodge diesel website that I am a member of. I got hooked on cummins diesel power and now it is turning into chainsaws :D

maveric944, been called maveric for many years as a nick name coz i was described as one by my teachers at school and it stuck,, the 944 bit comes from an argument with my wife, she wanted a nice family car, i wanted something a bit sporty as it was gonna be mainly my car, after weeks of the banter i went out to buy a Range rover and while i was there i ended up buying a Porche 944 instead well it has got 4 seats. this caused major friction in the household and much amusement to my pals, so the nick name was used on the internet eversince, and is used on all the forums and sites i use. by the way i gave in in the end and bought a Landcruiser , peace at last.

mav

Mine is brought over from a dodge diesel website that I am a member of. I got hooked on cummins diesel power and now it is turning into chainsaws :D

Diesel smoke smell bad, and is really bad for your health, I know as I once was in charge of a bunch of M109 Artillery pieces, with huge diesel engines........:deadhorse:

Last edited:
Well this is certainly an intersting thread! I just wanted something simple I could remember ( :D ) and my woods-wise dwarflette is always bringing me sprigs of this-n-that for id or bouquets, so thats what I chose, not for lack of imagination tho, some of my handles on other sites include Ogsonofgroo (rs, mmpg), elephantmaninchains (yahell during troll wars of '04), and flotsamdebrie (alldumb.com), just to name a few. On my tech sites I'm serges2 as my name is Serge Stone (after my gramps shortened version of his name).
:cheers:

No prizes for guessing - I'm 6ft 5 and have been called the big fellow for ages. An inevitable pun for a saw site.

Dave.

Well Bad checks was a everyday thing from my customers so I changed to Certified Funds only not even cash. Seemed like my drivers or dispatchers would steal the cash. CertifiedFunds is what my employees started calling me. Never had a bad check after that!

Ford is my last name but eight trillion people have every version of that you can imagine so years ago when I was in the Reserves your designation was the last four of your surname and another number-in my case-832.My first name is Andrew but my wifes "pet" name for me also starts with an "A"but has an "E"at the end and "SS" in the middle.:mad:

picked that name because that is on off my favorite forms of metal detecting cache hunting - cachehunter

I ended up with mine cause that is what my oldest grandson call me, I am his grandpa and I had a tractor and when they visit he walks right up to grandma and asks where grandpatractor is-Doesn't even say Hi to her
Family all calls me J.D.

Knickname is Mo,
As was my Fathers, From our last name Moser. Got my handle from a young punk at work. He always called me the mobetter maintenance man.

Back