whats better to pull trailer with??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer a built auto for towing.I am not talking about a stock rebuild but rather a trans with hard parts, custom converter, and custom valve body. Goerend builds amazing transmissions for dodges. With an Auto you only have to get the turbo spooled once unlike an manual where every time you shift you got to get the turbo spooled again. Yes it cost more but once its built right you won't have to do it again. especially if you buy a transmission from Goerend. He offers a LIFETIME warranty on his transmissions.

I prefer a built auto for towing.I am not talking about a stock rebuild but rather a trans with hard parts, custom converter, and custom valve body. Goerend builds amazing transmissions for dodges. With an Auto you only have to get the turbo spooled once unlike an manual where every time you shift you got to get the turbo spooled again. Yes it cost more but once its built right you won't have to do it again. especially if you buy a transmission from Goerend. He offers a LIFETIME warranty on his transmissions.

semi's don't have a problem; they shift way more times. I knew a guy who worked with g-lock, and they put a 3rd trans in one of their rigs for really heavy hauling. was a 5/3, then put in another 3 speed aux. he hated it, said you'd shift for a 1/2 hr before getting into high gear....

anyways, lifetime? sounds too good to be true. i'm sure it require very frequent filter and fluid changes....which i could understand, and should be in every heavy hauler's maintenance. Personally it bugs me to go over 10,000 miles without a fluid dump and filter swap. Most filters i've bought are stamped on the box to change every 7,000. Sounds frequent, but, a $20 filter is worth not destroying a built up $4000 auto.

it's true.. Goerend offers a lifetime warranty on torque converters and built trannies. we are talking full blown ... all billet transmissions meant to withstand sled pulls.

they also can costs 6k+ ... no thanks...
ceramic clutch for a 5sp costs $1k + 5th gear mod and you are done.

for compitition auto's are faster than manual trannies... I still maintain for towing std are better. you get to chose what rpm range your motor lives in.

Back