Whats in your burner?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few little sticks of 2-yo black cherry, maybe 15 lbs total, primary damped way down. Stove top around 700 F. Digging it. :clap:

Sitting on top of the Red Oak coals is some Mulberry. Going thru a lot of wood today, the high was -2 here in SW Iowa.

Now I have some 4 yr red oak in there. 18 1/2 hrs since the last load. Wont get there again for a week or so.

Ha, I did that yesterday and got stuck in ball deep snow, dragging out some dead pine with the snowmobile.

Well I took the sled out to see what I could find. Got stuck twice and decided it wasn't going to happen. Called in the father-in-law a mile up the road to bring down a tractor. We managed to scrounge a nice red elm off the hill across the creek. I drug 200 feet of cable up the hill and cut the tree down. After that I just cut down everything that it hung up on till it hit the bottom. I really wish I could get over there in the summer but the water is 6 feet deep and no shore on the other side. Just rock wall and and steep hill. This is the first time in 6 years that it has frozen enough to support walking weight.

Elm, black cherry and white oak that the high line right of way guys left me last spring. Went and gathered it all up Saturday before Winter showed up again.

Latest posts

Back