whats it worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctkiteboarding

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
05 brush bandit 250xp, jd 125hp, 700 hrs , overall great condition ,, i bit of paint wear and tear but its an 05,, no winch, auto feed ( pain in the arse) looking to go to a drum machine , maybe morbark

Yah something around that. A guy close by had a 05 BB 1520?? the drum model of the 250 it had 300hr.s & a winch. Sold for ONLY $24K!!!

yea i was figuring around 18 to 20k how was the drum bb? does anyone have one and can they compare it to the morbark product?

just curious , why do you feel the need to switch?

i just boght a bandit 1590 intimadator today! one of the baddest ass drum chippers ive ever used..morbark aint to bad. im not a fan of them after my 2400xl threw a knive threw the top of the chipper and about 150 feet in the air. lol..so me and morbark are not friends...but yea, check out the bandits. there pretty bad ass

I've owned two bb's and loved them both, except the feed system,

i hate the double wheel feed, it continually jams and has to be reversed ,

im hoping the single feed wheel is better,,,

i could do without the poop pile as well,,,

the motor and basic machine is great ,, im hoping that the drum w/ a single feed will do a better job,,

are their single feed disc machines???? or has anyone modified their 250 to stop this constant problem R

p.s. auto feed frustrates the shiit out of me, love it when is works hate it usually by 10 am

the single feed wheel system i DO NOT like at all..to be totally honest . the best feed system i have ever used and best over all chipper was a vermeer bc1800. the feed system is absolutly awesome and it had a little perkins power plant that was good on fuel..bandits feed systems suck before 05. then they started realizing that it sucked and changed it a little

why did u get the bandit and not a vermer?? does yours have a 2 feed whell system and is t better then the 250 system

i traded my chipper in, and the company i was working with did not have a vermeer or i definatly would of got it insted, yea the bandin has 2 feed wheels with the down pressure thingy that works ok i guess, ill still go with vermeer when i sell this beast lol

neighborstree said:
the single feed wheel system i DO NOT like at all..to be totally honest . the best feed system i have ever used and best over all chipper was a vermeer bc1800. the feed system is absolutly awesome and it had a little perkins power plant that was good on fuel..bandits feed systems suck before 05. then they started realizing that it sucked and changed it a little

Why did you buy the Bandit if you love Vermeer?? Doesn't make much sense???:popcorn: :popcorn:

I have an '01 Bandit 254, all in all it is a great machine though the feed wheels jamming can be irritating. My main issue with this machine or possibly disk chippers in general is when wood gets jammed where the knives and anvil meet in the V. This is when I wished I bought a 1590 instead as I doubt the machine has similar issues. Hydraulic down pressure is great but my 254 just doesn't seem to have enough oomph! Is there any way to increase hydraulic pressure on these machines? Next chipper for the new crew will be a 1590

i can only assume that the down pressure situation on the 254's is all the same, being that i bought 3 off a guy in new jersey, referbed them and sold them, they all sucked lol. i like my 1590 that i just bought this morning but im already to sell it lol and go back to vermeer, this time i want the cummins in it. big wood eater lol. the cost of dumping wood is getting way to expensive around here, the more i can chip the better off i am, chips are free to dump, wood is like 100 a load to dump

Down pressure is totally adjustable on a Bandit. On the side of the energy lift cylinder valve there is a small plug, maybe 5/16" take it out, behind it is a screw that turns in against a spring and raises the relief pressure on the hydraulic circuit used to pressurize the lift cylinder. A little bit of a turn goes a long way.

You should put an in line gauge in the main pressure line and after each small adjustment actuate the cylinder to the end of the stroke going over this relief and check the pressure.

The 1590s are exactly the same!

What change did Bandit make to the feed system on the 1590 in 2005???

i find with bandits that if theres to much down pressure the wheels wont turn..if theres not enoguh the branches wont feed, this is all to complacated lol...i want some high power motors that will still feed under a few hundred pounds of pressure on them u know

Problem is pressures are additive

Main Relief 2500PSI - 1000 Down Pressure = 1500 left for the feed rollers

When you don't use the down pressure all 2500 is avail at the feed rollers

As you turn up the relief for down pressure you will lose feed power when the lift cylinders go over relief

Also the down pressure PSI is seen at the shaft seal on the roller motors = not good for them

All chippers with lift assist are this way

Latest posts

Back