• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold What's left of an 066 (case, fuel tank, and a few bits and pieces)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1270

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got the remnants of an 066 as part of a bulk purchase today, and I'm unlikely to ever do anything with it. It looks like the previous owner started robbing parts off of it after scoring the piston, and all that's left now is the crankcase (including crank in seemingly very good shape), rear handle/fuel tank assembly including carb housing and throttle linkage, the oil pump, coil, AV mounts, chain adjuster, brake mechanism and dust cover. The tank/handle looks good to me (scratched but not cracked, no stripped threads that I see). The crankcase has some issues at the attachment points for the inner dog; the threaded bottom hole has a helicoil in it, and the head of the upper screw pulled right though the thin bit of the casting so the hole there is about 9mm instead of 5mm, but the rest of the case looks good. The the flywheel and brake "handle" are not worth having, and everything else is absent. I am not an expert on the various permutations of the 066, but I think this is an earlier, narrow-tank version.

I'll eventually clean it up and stick it on eBay if nobody here needs it, but I thought I'd put up a sign in case it's just what someone is looking for. Make offer? I haven't even done the research yet to price this thing.

P1020989.JPG P1020990.JPG P1020991.JPG

Okay, I was asked for a price so after some quick research, here's what I think it's worth, whole or in pieces. Basically I'm shooting for 80% of the median prices I'm seeing on eBay. Prices not inclusive of shipping or PP fees.

Fuel tank / rear handle with carb housing and throttle linkages: $52
Crankcase with crankshaft and chain adj.: $36
(AV parts can go with tank or case as needed.)
Coil with wires: $28
Oil pump: $16
Brake mechanism parts: $12
Brake dust cover: $8

Or, $100 for the whole shebang if I don't have to take it apart and clean things up.

Latest posts

Back