Whats left of my splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good luck on the insurance working out. you may suggest as a friend it might be cheaper if the only thing he's replacing is a splitter to just pay out of his pocket to save insurance costs in the long run. If he has other losses he's going to cover than that may be a moot point.

Some guys down here at bramen burnt a quarter of ground up they DIDN'T have permission to be cutting on... they ran like little #####es and haven't been caught yet. :(

You are only going to get one shot with his insurance company. I would demand a replacement.

If you find out later down the road that the fire DID get hot enough to weaken the beam, or even say the tank, you will get nothing else from the insurance company later.

Your neighbor sunds like a bone head, from all the damage I see HIS fire caused. :curse:

I agree with this 100 percent. I got rear ended some years ago, and the clown that hit me luckily had insurance.I got my truck repaired,but noticed sometime later that my CD player wasnt working properly.It would skip all the time, and often insist that there was no disc in the player.I took the truck into a nearby shop, and after looking at it the tech asked me, "has the truck been in an accident lately?It sounds like the laser eye has been knocked out of alignment."
I went back to the insurance agent who handled my repairs, and he basically said, "Sorry guy, case is closed.You should have brought it to my attention to begin with,not two weeks after you got your truck back."

There was $800 right out the window!

There is your answer on who is responsible. However, since it was a friend of his doing him a favor, I doubt he will hold him to the wall for the damages.

SUE EVERYBODY! thats the american way :) ... and as i learned in contract law in college... you sue everyone so the court decides who actually gets the blame :)

Update: been calling the guy everyday since the fire he never would answer so i took a little drive today and talked to him he agreed to make payments till its paid for so we will see.

Update: been calling the guy everyday since the fire he never would answer so i took a little drive today and talked to him he agreed to make payments till its paid for so we will see.
so if he pays you for the splitter does he get to keep it.....

Guess if I had to pay for a new splitter, I'd take the old that I paid for, or you wouldn't get the new one.
That's only fair.
yep, I'd show up with my truck and trailer and a check, either I got the burned one or he wouldn't get squat....

the dumb#@% next door started a grass fire and it got my splitter. dang thing is only 1 1/2 yrs old and split about 3 cord.

He didn't ask so I guess he don't want it.
If he don't want it, Oh Well, guess it's yours to keep, extra parts. :clap:
You were right about him though, he is pretty dumb.

Latest posts

Back