What's on your bench? 2/6/16

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brought a bunch of cheapies into the shop about an hour ago, maybe get one or two runners out of the seven. One Power Mac 310, three plastic McCullochs, 2 plastic Homelites, and a Pro Mac 55 that seems to have an air leak somewhere. Probably tinker with them tomorrow.

I just finished impulse line and fuel line on my 026, put a new starter cord on my PM 610 and now I've got my Poulman 3.700 half torn down trying to decide if I want to try and fix the oiler or not... after that I will be muffler modding my 028s and piecing together the muffler on my Dolmar 117. Thank god this hobby is fairly cheap.. sometimes.

Joseph

At the risk of making someone jealous I tore apart a McCulloch Mac 3214 chainsaws to get an ignition module and put into another one. I drained the fuel from the tank which looked more like road tar than fuel mix, I primed the carburetor and it started and kept running but I don't know how unless it was stored fuel in the line and the carb. It finally died and I left it for the night. Might be a nice little saw to trim with. Just kidding about the jealous part.

Got this one off the bench. Havn't had it in wood yet, but starts very easy and runs great!

Poulan655bp%20004_zpsjcnwt5ao.jpg

Poulan655bp%20002_zpsedgtdorr.jpg

Poulan655bp%20005_zps1rxd4ocd.jpg

Gregg,

At the risk of making someone jealous I tore apart a McCulloch Mac 3214 chainsaws to get an ignition module and put into another one. I drained the fuel from the tank which looked more like road tar than fuel mix, I primed the carburetor and it started and kept running but I don't know how unless it was stored fuel in the line and the carb. It finally died and I left it for the night. Might be a nice little saw to trim with. Just kidding about the jealous part.

I'll be the jealous one. That was my first saw. I now have 6... and that isn't one of them. She was a runner though your hands ached after about an hour. I ended up trading it for a 16 gauge bolt action shotgun.

Joseph

Yep, that's it. Mine runs about as well as it looks. I'm hoping a clean carburetor will help it but when I took it apart it already looked pretty clean. The starter on mine is yellow.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of them but the are small. They do take well to a few extra holes at the bottom of the muffler and baffle drilled out a bit bigger

Yep, that's it. Mine runs about as well as it looks. I'm hoping a clean carburetor will help it but when I took it apart it already looked pretty clean. The starter on mine is yellow.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of them but the are small. They do take well to a few extra holes at the bottom of the muffler and baffle drilled out a bit bigger

One of my favorite little saws. Now that I converted it to a A/V chassis it's a a great saw to use, especially running a 12" bar with a larger sprocket tip.

Not a screamer but good usable power for 32cc:

Latest posts

Back