What's on your bench this weekend?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought an 038 Mag II and gave it a good once over. Pulled the muffler to check it out, no scoring on the piston and cylinder= good news. Checked compression and was just over 150#. Chain break handle missing= bad news - of course it was missing the whole chain break assembly. Luckily I had a parts 038 and was able to simply swap everything over. I decided to try an 8 pin sprocket also - seems to have plenty of power to pull with it...

Just got an 026 off the bench, got it cheap all it needed was bar/chain a new fuel line/filter and sprocket. Also just finished up another 044, This one needed a lot more (clutch oiler drive, filter cover, tank vent, handle, drum, dawgs, filter mount, and a few odds and ends) Should be a great runner but unfortunately on the first test run with the new chain I found a chunk of wood with about a dozen nails in it and I seen to have hit every one of em in the first cut:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::mad:

Great vid. of you on the Z50 ! I always get hurt on those little bikes too. LOL

I've got an SXL-925 on the bench. Hopefully it just needs a fuel line and carb. cleaning.

You love cutting grass ? I have @ 2 1/2 acres to mow and I hate doing it. I always hope for a dry summer to minimize the time my arse is in that seat.
Any tips for a beer holder that might keep the vibrations from making my beer go flat in 5 minutes ?

Small stuff -- buddies 028 carb. rebuild and find out why the oiler is pushing oil like there's no tomorrow. Really gets messy.

Later,

i have my 034 av on the bench for a topend. the 034 looks almost new but has never ran as good as i thought it should. i was doing a comp test in the makita i built and decited to see what the 034 wood do. uhh? 111 psi. i was sick! as luck wood have it i traded for a 034 super and decited to do a popup on it just to see was i up to the task. turned out very nice. .035 popup about an inch i think and .102 top land. i didn't know the squish so i just removed .035 from the cylinder to be safe. but with all the talk on 084's this week i am going to get mine out today and play with it some even if the 034 don't get done. maybe my 394 too. i love my big saws!
jnl

Small stuff -- buddies 028 carb. rebuild and find out why the oiler is pushing oil like there's no tomorrow. Really gets messy.

Later,

When you figure out the oiler ,let Randy know ( mastermind ), will ya.
He gots the opposite problem.:)

i have my 034 av on the bench for a topend. the 034 looks almost new but has never ran as good as i thought it should. i was doing a comp test in the makita i built and decited to see what the 034 wood do. uhh? 111 psi. i was sick! as luck wood have it i traded for a 034 super and decited to do a popup on it just to see was i up to the task. turned out very nice. .035 popup about an inch i think and .102 top land. i didn't know the squish so i just removed .035 from the cylinder to be safe. but with all the talk on 084's this week i am going to get mine out today and play with it some even if the 034 don't get done. maybe my 394 too. i love my big saws!
jnl

Jason that 034 sounds like a good project.

Did you ever get a top end for the 655? After running Chris's I can say that you would like it for sure.

I myself have a Partner 500 coming this week. I love those little saws.

084. New piston, rings, intake boot, carb kit, lines, pull rope, blah, blah, blah.

Beats going to some ignorant flower show with the wife and daughter.

:dizzy:

Jason that 034 sounds like a good project.

Did you ever get a top end for the 655? After running Chris's I can say that you would like it for sure.

I myself have a Partner 500 coming this week. I love those little saws.

yea the 034 should be a runner with good comp.
never done anything with the 655 but still on the to do list. just to many saws to keep going and so little time. keep an eye out for a piston and cyl if u would i would make it worth your time.
yea them 500's are good saws they run like a raped ape with just a little work need to get mine out soon it has been 3 or 4 months since it was run. remember i have some extra parts if u need. not just anyone is welcome to them but u make the list
BTW have a poulan or two u might need for parts will send pict if u want
have a good day:cheers:
jnl

3.7 roper,, took all the auto sharp parts off it, and plugged teh holes, to help clear chips... replaced teh rim sprocket, but still waiting for the bar,,, i won a 20" oregon bar for it on ebay, 3weeks ago, free 1st class shipping usps,,, but the guy said he "mistakenly" sent it parcel post, so it "may be lost" ... i guess i still need a bar to finish the saw... doubt i'll ever see this one......

Great vid. of you on the Z50 ! I always get hurt on those little bikes too. LOL

I've got an SXL-925 on the bench. Hopefully it just needs a fuel line and carb. cleaning.

You love cutting grass ? I have @ 2 1/2 acres to mow and I hate doing it. I always hope for a dry summer to minimize the time my arse is in that seat.
Any tips for a beer holder that might keep the vibrations from making my beer go flat in 5 minutes ?

Ya, get one of those beer hats.

beer%20can%20hat.jpg

Back