What's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky:
400CR
257 (got a Twolf 262 topend for it)

Dolmar:

Stihl:
MS200-Decided it was time to rebuild the bottom end because my patched case still leaks oil
FS90

Waiting on a fuel cap for the 5000plus, it has been back ordered for a while now. I also have a stupid echo that has been low on the totem pole.

Looks like I need more projects!!!

Just bought this little 021. Needs a clutch cover, possibly a chain and it has very low compression. I wonder if it's gonna be worth it.
attachment.php

Toro wacker carb clean and tank, Fuel didn't even smell like fuel.
MS 290 total rebuild, just waiting for case sealent to dry.
Pulling apart silvey grinder, motor shaft bent bummer:cry:

Since my help decided to work there real jobs on Sat I didnt get to try out the new 7900 :mad:

So I got busy on the 5 Stihls that were dropped off for me to get ready.

Went over and tuned up, a MS460, 036Pro, MS290 and 2 MS191t's.

There all done except one 191T. It needs a carb kit and fuel line etc and the owner has to chase parts for me. I don't chase Stihl parts any longer. Keeps my blood pressure down that way even if I hate 191T's.

The owner did get a rise out of me when he broght me a replacement clutch cover for the MS290 and he told me that charged him $68 for a mag cover for it. :msp_confused:

I told him I wouldnt put a $68 cover on a 290, no way no how so I put it on a good saw instead, the 036 pro and swapped its cover on the 290.:hmm3grin2orange:

ts 400 stihl hot saw, crank bearings, how do u split a case on a stihl?

please direct me to a site or something , Thanks!
023 not oiling
075/076 just split the case needs new bearings and a whole lot else...
A load of 91VX chains that need sharpening
Husky 61, Jonsered 49SP, 020AVSEQ to be parted out
A heck of a lot of stuff that needs a trip or several through the USC[/QUOTE]

A lot less if I would get off my butt and put a few away.

Been clearing 600' of Multi Floral Rose and the knarly trees from the ditch bank.

I need to file the chains on a few, blow them down and set them back in their nest.

Right now there is a 7-10 Mac, 1100 Husky, 143 SD, Mini Mac 110, Dolmar 5100, and Husky 359.

2100 in a box all painted up with some high tech nyoil mounts waiting on me to machine a stack and reassemble (borrowed the ignition fer me 1100)

On the "good" bench sits a 153 SD waiting for some rippin' chains for its 50 bar.

Just got the bar drilled for me mill, and oiler holes slotted (big Stihl Cannon)

So when the weather breaks a little, gonna make some big slabs!

Lets see...my 372xp BB project...a 385xp that im building and maybe porting...and a ms460 that is getting rebuilt from getting run over by a skidder.....also mine...lol:hmm3grin2orange:

1. stihl 070 needs carb rebuild, clutch cover and bar /chain
2. husqvarna 288 needs muffler, full wrap handle, and top cover
3. husqvarna 272 needs all covers and magneto
4. husqvarna 66 needs piston and cylinder
5. stihl 032 needs carb rebuild
6. shindaiwa 575 havent even opened it up yet but think it just needs carb rebuild

and no money for parts

please direct me to a site or something , Thanks!
023 not oiling
075/076 just split the case needs new bearings and a whole lot else...
A load of 91VX chains that need sharpening
Husky 61, Jonsered 49SP, 020AVSEQ to be parted out
A heck of a lot of stuff that needs a trip or several through the USC
[/QUOTE]

I think that is a hashed attempt to quote me lol :cheers:
Here is a very good thread on splitting crankcases with a lot of input by Lakeside53;
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/40590-2.htm#post539218

I am guessing you may not have access to the "official" tools that is why the thread above is so great. Done with and without the AS and ZS tools.
Here, is a picture of one of the homemade tools i use doing its' thing;

attachment.php

If you want more in depth help i would suggest starting your own thread, plenty of people here that can talk you through it no problem.

well i got a poulan micro xxv on the bench and putting her back togeather.and hopefully i'll get her running by the tuesday :laugh:

That little 7 1/2" AR was the coolest thing I've ever shot. We had 3 ARs there and went through better than 500 rounds. It was a blast, litterally:) I MUST have one of my own!

Only 500 rounds? you didn't shoot very long. I hope a military red dot is in its future. Nice Baretta, I always liked the cougar over their 92-96 models.:rock:

He just got this little pistol. His AR rifle has an Aimpoint on it. This was just something to throw on it for now.
\
I hear ya, I got in more trouble for the optics on my AR's than I did for the guns themselves.

[video=youtube;QOy_fWBPeaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOy_fWBPeaE[/video]
[video=youtube;TiT6qQtNnDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiT6qQtNnDA[/video]

Just got a couple trimmers finished up and listed on CL. The first is a FS 90 AVE and the other is a FS66.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5mqapP2-VRY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2pdDIonKnvc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back