What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have a problem t540xp with low compression and running problems... did a complete rebuild minus piston and cylinder...(replaced ring). Only 80 psi compression after build. kind of pissed at this saw..

And a Honda mower in for a transmission replacement....

I'm working on the easier saws first. Holding the 020 and Dolmar for last. Got the 310 and 028 repaired yesterday, the 041 tuned up today (had stopped up carb) terrible air filter also. I guess I'm ready for the 020, not my favorite saws to work on..last will be the 510 Dolmar..

I'm working on the easier saws first. Holding the 020 and Dolmar for last. Got the 310 and 028 repaired yesterday, the 041 tuned up today (had stopped up carb) terrible air filter also. I guess I'm ready for the 020, not my favorite saws to work on..last will be the 510 Dolmar..
the dolmar should be an easy job.... what do you have to do to the510?

the dolmar should be an easy job.... what do you have to do to the510?
I don't know yet...it has good compression but I pulled on the rope several times and it wouldn't start. It had fuel in it. I'll check tomorrow and see if it has spark. Working on the fun saw today, the 020. I pulled all the stuff that was around the engine and kinda figured it had a kinked pulse line..I'll rebuild the carb since I'm in there..

Got the 020 finished today, had a little dirt in the carb but the main thing was a kinked impulse hose, which I replaced. The Dolmar has fuel problems I believe, something in the carburetor I imagine. It had fuel in the bottom of it but apparently wasn't getting it into the engine. I'll soak it tomorrow and put a kit in it and see if that helps.

Doing a muffler Mod on a 036. She is going to get two ports and some modding on the inside. The pipe is about 10/32 or 8mm the one behind it is stock but will be replaced with a larger 12/16 pipe just like this. Some parts are machined. I figured I'd start small and go big if necessary. The exhaust opening will be more than double anyway. Avoided welding too. :) Timing advance is the next step on the list.
IMG_20171201_222727.jpg

Latest posts

Back