What's on your workbench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently took home an old steel workbench from the machine shop here at work that was being tossed to make room for a new mill. I have wanted a bench to put outside for a long time now, and this will work perfectly. I have it next to the barn near where most of the work on vehicles & tractors happens, and close enough to the main doors that I can use air tools and stretch power cords out, plus it's not too long a walk to get tools. It's great for working on chainsaws too, for things like cleaning and whatnot. There are times when I just need sunlight to really see what I'm doing.

Now I need to put another spotlight up on the barn to shine on the bench.

Pulled an old John Deere tilt bed, double snowmobile trailer out. Needs new deck, basically all new stringers. I got one new wheel/tire, repacked bearings/new seals already, needs new lights/wiring/connector. I got all the new steel cut, most of the old torched out. Needs new spring mounts and u-bolts. Going to make it about 2' wider so total width is around 8'4", plenty of room for 2 quads then. I plan on using 1/2" CDX as the new deck.

Picture says nothing, when you lock in the air lockers with chains on, now that is AWESOME! Look out Charlie Brown

Three 2050's. Paid 40$ for the lot. And got 2 running so far...lots of vibes from such a small saw. But i needed a limbing saw and these are fairly light. And price was great20150124_145401.jpg

I was repairing burst frost proof hose bib today as it bit the dust this am.
Trying to solder it back together.
Also trying to "cook" the water out of the hydro oil for the tractor.
It had wet creamy oil when I got it.
Drained twice and noticed the water evaporates off after a while and the oil is ok still.
Wanted to get cleared out before getting new cylinders.
Also built a tool organizer.
It took a bit of brainstorming and a quick scrounging thru the scrap lumber and hdwe cabinets till it finally came together.
After a bit of tweaking I came up with this.
20150127_203906.jpg

20150127_203925.jpg

20150127_203950.jpg

Little chanel on top for the small stuff. Whole thing is about 3.5" wide but a few things stick out a bit.
I wanted somewhere to store the 24" rule and it fits great there.
20150127_203918.jpg

I have a few things to add but figured I would try it a bit and see what works best and what else I really want there.
The chisels come out to go to the work if needed.
Note the off center finger hold is to balance the heaver and lighter chisels so it won't rotate on you.
20150127_203936.jpg

Chad

Ordered new sprocket, bar, and chain today for my little Johnny to convert to 3/8 lo pro like the newer model years of that saw came with. Got tired of paying $22 for those darn 1/4" pitch chains that seem to go dull by looking at them wrong.

Just about ready to pull the trigger on a 77 cc P+C kit for my Husky.

Back