What's on your workbench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse the poor phone pictures. My son keeps asking me to build a General Lee so maybe this will keep him happy for a bit. He'd worn out the old wagon so I welded in some patches, put the handle back together, picked up some wheels at TSC, found some decals on the internet and this is the result. Now if only I could find that oil pump gear I bought for my 238 I could finish a project that will make Dad happy.

NCM_0364.JPG NCM_0365.JPG NCM_0366.JPG

Well, I cant find my bench so i dont know whats on top of it, or under it either for that matter. I know somewhere under that mess is a sa200 welder I have been restoreing for the past couple of years. Got tons of valves, cylinders and other stuff for my processor build. Plans laying around somewhere for my band saw build. Got a 65l chainsaw torn down. I got my tater digger project I havent got to work just right yet. I think all of my 9/16 wrenchs are laying under all that stuff, sure aint one in the tool box. Got a kawasaki engine torn down, I bought a new one so dont know if I will rebuild the old one or not. To much stuff laying in front of it to throw it away. Probably a ton of other stuff I think is lost forever. Other than that, my bench is in good shape.

No pics, wheel horse project. Stopped running a few years ago, been sitting. Started on it yesterday, installed some aftermarket breaker point add on do -dad, replaces/eliminates the condenser and allegedly gives faster better spark, no spark initially, because I couldn't get the starter to turn with a jump. Took starter off today, sprayed down the shaft on the outside, spun it by hand, ground started it with jumpers. Installed, ran hot wire from the coil to a batt on the ground, used the raker file on the points and carboned spark plug, spark! Oh ya, had to take the flywheel side cover off, big ole whopper clay mud dauber nest, kept the flywheel from turning! HAHAHAHAHA! That was a big part of the problem I bet, sucker was concreted on.

I'll be putting a new plug and new points and their pushrod in, clean up some other wiring, score a new small batt. Should be good next month, just in time for gardening season! Has the OEM rear 3 foot tiller on it. I have a decent walk behind rear tine, but...ride em pony with a bigger tiller is much nicer.

Told myself, either I see spark today, or gonna yank it and get a predator engine and install that, but got spark and it coughed for a sec on some carb spray. I'll drain it and fresh gas of course.

The slow going but big project I have now is replacing the rocker panels on my 98 Jetta TDI that have disappeared from the salt around here....

On bench #1 is my newly assembled granberg Alaskan III CSM. Someday when the 16 feet of snow melts and I can find me a decent log, I'll try it out. On bench #2 is my 365Sp with a freshly sharpened chain using my new file n joint. Can even get into the woods to dip it in some trees. Getting 10 to 12 inches more tonight and tomorrow. It's already above my knees in the yard. The drifts are almost as tall as me. If it keeps snowing like it has the last couple weeks, I won't be able to find my barn soon.

Saws:
My 262xp needs a carb cleaning
My 026 needs a carb rebuild kit

Other interesting stuff:
Early bronco Dana 20 building a custom adapter to make it fit behind a ford T18
Phantom 2 quadcopter getting extended landing gear

I can't find my workbench. It is in the workshop amongst the clutter. So with tools I can find, I am building a de- clutter building. Sheathing almost finished. Thought I could do this by myself but am considering getting help for the roofing. I hope to find my workbench soon. I also needed to get my log splitting organized so I needed to add a table to my log splitter for easier wood handling. Today I had to buy some short angle iron as my supply is in the shop but the 20' pieces are very difficult to get out. A couple more hours and table will be done. Of course during down and free time you have to have a hobby. I need a 10 hour work day and a 10 day work week.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Well, I cant find my bench so i dont know whats on top of it, or under it either for that matter. I know somewhere under that mess is a sa200 welder I have been restoreing for the past couple of years. Got tons of valves, cylinders and other stuff for my processor build. Plans laying around somewhere for my band saw build. Got a 65l chainsaw torn down. I got my tater digger project I havent got to work just right yet. I think all of my 9/16 wrenchs are laying under all that stuff, sure aint one in the tool box. Got a kawasaki engine torn down, I bought a new one so dont know if I will rebuild the old one or not. To much stuff laying in front of it to throw it away. Probably a ton of other stuff I think is lost forever. Other than that, my bench is in good shape.
:laugh:

Saws:
My 262xp needs a carb cleaning
My 026 needs a carb rebuild kit

Other interesting stuff:
Early bronco Dana 20 building a custom adapter to make it fit behind a ford T18
Phantom 2 quadcopter getting extended landing gear
mine just needs to be started, warmed up. bot new, went to idle only. carb overhaul and she was cuttin' n runnin' like new :)

I was repairing burst frost proof hose bib today as it bit the dust this am.
Trying to solder it back together.
Also trying to "cook" the water out of the hydro oil for the tractor.
It had wet creamy oil when I got it.
Drained twice and noticed the water evaporates off after a while and the oil is ok still.
Wanted to get cleared out before getting new cylinders.
Also built a tool organizer.
It took a bit of brainstorming and a quick scrounging thru the scrap lumber and hdwe cabinets till it finally came together.
After a bit of tweaking I came up with this.
20150127_203906.jpg

20150127_203925.jpg

20150127_203950.jpg

Little chanel on top for the small stuff. Whole thing is about 3.5" wide but a few things stick out a bit.
I wanted somewhere to store the 24" rule and it fits great there.
20150127_203918.jpg

I have a few things to add but figured I would try it a bit and see what works best and what else I really want there.
The chisels come out to go to the work if needed.
Note the off center finger hold is to balance the heaver and lighter chisels so it won't rotate on you.
20150127_203936.jpg

Chad
:yes: :numberone:

I can't find my workbench. It is in the workshop amongst the clutter. So with tools I can find, I am building a de- clutter building. Sheathing almost finished. Thought I could do this by myself but am considering getting help for the roofing. I hope to find my workbench soon. I also needed to get my log splitting organized so I needed to add a table to my log splitter for easier wood handling. Today I had to buy some short angle iron as my supply is in the shop but the 20' pieces are very difficult to get out. A couple more hours and table will be done. Of course during down and free time you have to have a hobby. I need a 10 hour work day and a 10 day work week.

View attachment 402547 View attachment 402548 View attachment 402549 View attachment 402550
I used to have one of those homemade scaffolds like you have. It really came in handy while roofing my house.

Latest posts

Back